Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Secure Contact Form?

Secure Contact Form?

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • I wondered what you all use to keep your "contact us" forms from getting that automated spam. I used security images component on a previous version of Joomla, and it cut down on the problem. But I was unable to get the latest version to work with the latest Joomla version. Seems there are some bugs from what I had read. Just wondered if there was something else, something better or just different that those of you here might use.

Interestingly - it is the teacher on this Middle School Music site that was getting the spam - while I got none as administrator. Seems the captcha feature stopped the worst of it. I am even willing to use a non-joomla form at this point. I am completely disgusted with spam after way too many years of dealing with it.

Any help on this from those here who have dealt with this problem would be appreciated. I am completely burnt from trying to upgrade that site from scratch and finding some newer versions of extensions don't work, don't exist or are buggy!!! And every single time I do an upgrade on that site - the newest version of joomla comes out immediately after!
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Secure Contact Form?

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • You can use the facileform component. I'm using it in my site and works nice.

See an example here

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds