Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Take out meta name Generator in source

Take out meta name Generator in source

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Can someone tell me how to take out the
      <meta name="Generator" content="Joomla! - Copyright (C) 2005 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved." />

This isnt a requirement is it? I see more sites than not without this. If it isnt neccessary, could someone tell me how to remove it?

Thanks!
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Take out meta name Generator in source

• this is a touchy subject but i also believe there is a solution to your needs - not really sure why you need to do this though unless you're concerned that your site will be found based on the tag

the code that generates this is in frontend.php. the code is
      $mainframe->addMetaTag( 'Generator', $_VERSION->PRODUCT . " - " . $_VERSION->COPYRIGHT);

i would recommend commenting it out and not deleting it as there is a requirement in the joomla license that the source code has to be copyright and although this generates code and isn't actually a copyright notice its a thin line

if you want real clarification on what you can and can not do though i would suggest asking over at forum.joomla.org
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• Thank you for your speedy reply. I have contributon, module contributors throughout my site. I just dont want it in my source sticking out there like a sooar thumb or source thumb if you will!

I wish to comment out the generator but I dont see a frontend.php. Where would this file be?

• Ah, found it in includes.
      Thank you
    • Dekard

Posted 18 years 3 weeks ago
    • you can actually do this within joomla itself if you are trying to remove the meta desciption and meta keywords it's under

Global Configuration/Metadata under the joomla administration interface. Hope that may help.

Posted 18 years 3 weeks ago
    • Will try that Jeremy. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds