• Hero Rocketeer
    • Geekus Maximus

Re: problem with updater

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
    • What hoster is your site on?
  • Re: problem with updater

• Self hosted. We have multiple ded servers with Softlayer

Should we add an allow for you IP in the firewall?
    • Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Eric Caldwell.

• It's not fixed here.

Hosted by Hostmonster.com
    • Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by T.R. McElroy. Reason: Added hoster.
    • Brian Towles
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Geekus Maximus

• Still looking at it. Not sure why but it appears to be some issues with outbound SSL communication from some hosters setups.
    • GWEB
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• The site I am having issues wityh updater is hosted through Go Daddy. I will move it to Host Gator and see what happens.

• for me its ok now
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 2 weeks ago
    • GWEB wrote:
      The site I am having issues wityh updater is hosted through Go Daddy. I will move it to Host Gator and see what happens.
      hi,

i just tried on a joomla 2.5.19 test site, hosted with godaddy and the authentication worked fine.
      if anyone is still having issues, maybe you could post all your details, like site link, joomla super admin details and cpanel access into the secure tab.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• I think the sites having issues are 3.2.3. Mine is.

Note.. I cleared my browser cache and the boxed changed to a blue tint and its working now. So, clear the Gantrya, Joomla and browser cache. That may do the trick.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Eric Caldwell.
    • Brian Towles
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Geekus Maximus

• Just so everyone knows, this is not a Joomla version issue. What it is, is a base core issue with the ssl communication based on the version of the ssl libraries on the server you are hosted on. We have found that hosting environments based on Redhat/CentOS 6 defaults to TLS 1.2 for ssl communication to our load balancer. The load balancer is either not configured or has an issue with TLS 1.2. We are working with our hosting company and the load balancer manufacturer to work out the issue. For the moment the updates login is pointed to a direct server so should mostly work.

We do see cases where there is no communication to the updates login server at all. This is most likly a locking down of environments and outgoing communication by the hoster preventing outbound SSL communication from the server instance. We do not have a work around for those cases yet.

At this point the login doesnt really effect much, since all our extensions are currently free. Prior to our new website revision we had some extensions only open to registered memebers and hence only updatable once logged in. Right now this is not the case and all extensions can be updated without the login. In the future we will have extensions and templates needing to be updated with authentication to RocketTheme, but for now it is not nessesary.

Thanks
      -=Brian

• It's still not updating here with hostmonster.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds