DISCUSS: Callisto - May 2015 Joomla Template Release

• DISCUSS: Callisto - May 2015 Joomla Template Release

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: DISCUSS: Callisto - May 2015 Joomla Template Release

• Fantastic work from the dev team. Now I need to find some time to play with it.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • humphrey
    • Rocketeer

• After playing for a while it looks pretty ambitious. I love, for instance, the easy way to create new module positions.
      However, many of these features which I see and would love to use don't seem to work fine in my short one day experience.
      I'm trying and checking each layout change and most of my changes don't show properly or don't show at all, specially when publishing modules which are not "Gantry 5 particles", but content delivering ones, even with RockSprocket but mainly with third party ones; but also when changing display (colors and so on). Plus I find confusing so many "templates" created (one for each "menu item" or so) in the templates panel - might have been better to put them inside the dedicated Template manager.
      About the other related problem I admit probably it's my fault, I'd need not to play around but to work on it as a learning guy and asking for help in each and single problem I find, but actually I'm doing some jobs so I'd rather prefer good old Gantry 4.
      Maybe later, when first issues are solved, and I've more spare time to play and learn, I'll come back to check all this lovely and promising features. It will be my learning curve. Hope not too long!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by humphrey.
  • Re: DISCUSS: Callisto - May 2015 Joomla Template Release

• Will the Gantry 5 make the website faster than Gantry 4? Or are the changes mainly in the backend?

Best regards

Carsten
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Like Humphrey, I was surprised at the number of templates that appeared. Callisto looks very good, and I am already implementing it on a major project, but there is much that I still need to read about the thinking behind the changes. Wish me luck.

GB
    • Max Power
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • June Mtn

• Looks good guys, clean and simple. Quick question, how easy is it to change the theme to more of a light style? All the presets are dark which is a little concenering. Do I need to dig into the CSS or can the Gantry backend handle most of this?

Thanks!
    • Snow Helmets, Goggles, & More - DreamRuns.com

• my test site will not automatically update the template to v1.1.0. Gantry5 was updated but not the template.

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hello Bob,

Unfortunately, we don't provide automatic club template updates.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds