Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Forum changes

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Forum changes

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • I've made some changes to the forum. When your account expires you will continue to have access to the forum, specifically the 'Announcements' and the 'General' Sections, but you will not be able to access the Template sections. This change was made in order to prepare the forum to handle SMF users as well as Joomla club members, and hopefully this will be a nice incentive to renew and keep your account current :)

Cheers,

Andy
      RocketTheme
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Forum changes

• Also the RULES button actually goes to the correct place, so now there is no excuse :)
  • Re: Forum changes

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• The RocketTheme Template Club, is the joomla club. I hope to start an SMF club here pretty soon.
  • Re: Forum changes

• Andy Miller wrote:
      I hope to start an SMF club here pretty soon.

Crossfingers, would that be an additional fee, if so do you have amount in mind.
    • VirtueShop
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Andy,

I've been most impressed with your templates and also the excellent help available to us "users" through RT forums, etc..
      But now you've changed the forum and excluded expired users from the template cat's. I thought we all would be able to carry on with the forum even after membership has expired, I can understand that you want money for renewals, but are we not entitled to forum support for my current available templates. This has screwed me up slightly, I was working on adding a few mods from one template and putting them into blogtopia, but now I can't see where I got to...it's gone and I'm now stuffed!!!

Duncan

Ps. I don't mind having to pay for the templates, but I'm not so sure about having to cough up just so I can ask a few template questions on the forum.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Hi Duncan, actually the ability for expired members to be able to login and access the template forums is a recent addition and was only a stop-gap solution until I had the full forum group code sorted out. I enabled expired users the ability to login so they could upgrade for the 20% discount even after their accounts had expired. The forum is intended for active paying members, so please renew. it's only $60 for the whole year and you get continued forum access plus great new templates.

• Andy I think this is to much.

I need some information about digimania template, and I recall having read about it in the forum.

Alot of questions have allready been answered and to deny expired user access to them is not fair game.

So why not allow everyone read access to the forum? And write access to those who are members.

Please consider this.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Karin, i'll consider this but it's going to take some code change to integrate such a feature. I'll have to work out how feasible it is.

• Thank you.

Alot of posts are "template maintance" (bugs etc.) and others are special requests (how to adjust template for your needs etc.)

I would have no problem with special req. being only for subscribing members and the maintance part for everyone.

Perhaps that is not the best solution but there would be no coding.

Keep up the good work! :)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds