Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Forum changes

Re: Forum changes

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Hi Andy,

I too am a little disapointed at being denied access to the template forums I wanted to do a bit of research into Modern Business and I know that the answers I am looking for will be on that forum. Now I cannot get to them. $60 is alot for me at the moment as I have 2 kids to look after I used modern business on a site and pad for it, but now have lost my support :(

Cheers

John

• OK Now I'm totally confused

I too read the implied statements to mean I would still have access to the forums after my subscription ran out.

Your terms state
      Limited usage granted: Your membership grants you the rights to use the RTTC templates on two domains as long as it is in accordance with section 2 and 3 of these Terms & Conditions.......

I have used my 2 domain limit -so it seems you are now saying I have to pay $60 per year just to access the template forums (for bug fixes etc) - since I will not be able to use any more templates even if I renew.

Am I totally misreading the terms?
      I'm really trying to see the advantage in renewing.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• By renewing you get continued access to the forums, plus you get access to all the new templates for 1 year, as you might want to freshen, or redo one of your existing 2 sites. If you don't think you'll ever need to do this then don't renew, the only thing is you won't have access to the forums.

This is a template club, so you are paying for access to the club and the club's resources for a period of time. If you decide not to continue membership you can no longer use the club's resources. Think of a gym membership, the same principal applies.

• I was hoping you were going to say I was allowed two domains PER subscription.

So to totally redo the 4 domains I want - there would be no other way apart from the professional subscription for an additional $200. Or get the next 2 templates somewhere else - just want confirmation I not missing anything. It seems totally insane to be a member for say 3 years but still only be able to use on 2 sites.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I take your point, let me try to think of something that will be more fair and give extra incentives to renew.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• hehe semantics
      For example, a 3 month membership entitles you to use any RocketTheme template on a maximum of 2 sites.

= "every" template on 2 sites. 24x2 = 48 sites ( 8) way to go).. but I don't think that's what you meant.
      (check up usage of the word "any" with singular v plural and how the meaning changes).

I'm actually debating whether the pro membership makes more sense - I have several other sites that could do with a facelift.

Anyway thanks for acting on this - its makes a hell of a lot more sense to renew now :)
    • HNL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Brenda Ford wrote:
      It seems totally insane to be a member for say 3 years but still only be able to use on 2 sites.
      Hi Andy,

I know my American English is not what it should be,
      but when I read the new condtions it says:
      "1 Year 3 sites
      1 Year Renewal 2 Additional sites"

So being a member for two years you add 3+2,
      thus giving you 5 sites to use the templates on.
      And so on and on
      Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers, hansNL
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• You are correct.
    • HNL
    • Sr. Rocketeer