[Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Ok please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: [Closed] php 7.0 and Allowed memory size exhausted

• I did what you told me and the situation didn't improve on any of the fronts. Most of the https pages only bring up the page body, but nothing gantry related (header, sidebar etc ... - only those pages seem to work with https, that I have as a custom link in the menu. The ones that have been added as pages just show the blank content) . The Rockgallery admin is still not functional, although the first row display fixed itself, none of the controls respond. The public side display of the galleries is also the same as before. The content covers it up and when it slides down, the background fadein-fadeout effect will cover it up. This is only visible now on the front page, as the other pages are blank.

.. also I mentioned before that I do run a large number of other WP installations. Some with https and some without. I usually have no problem setting these up, so this is not my first go at it. For that reason I think switching a toggle here and changing a blank to s there will not yield a solution. Trust me when I say that I have tested everyhting reasonble sort of going into the source code before contacting you.

Thank you

• ok ... I found the https bug for you. If under Theme Settings you assign the gantry override to a menu item, that menu item will not work with HTTPS, only HTTP. The override has to be assigned to the page itself to work with both HTTP and HTTPS ... So with that out of the way, could you please offer an opinion on the gallery issue?

Thank you
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Geza Lucz.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have to say I'm puzzled what this has to do with the originating topic title but nevertheless... Your Yoast SEO plugin is causing JS errors. - Any JS error will break all other JS. Try disabling the Yoast SEO plugin.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you. I disabled the plugin and that fixed the backend. The frontend is still broken, that is the content will not slide down to allow unobstructed view of the gallery.

The SEO module begs the question why there is no javascript conflict with the older version of the gallery. Yoast SEO is probably the most popular SEO package with 1M+ installations. Is it wise to base your product line on a plugin that is in conflict with it? Please note that this affects every single one of your themes that use the gallery and all your other customers who decided to utilize this module in outside projects.

ps.... the thread has this title because when people try to switch an older theme to PHP7 would get this error and upgrading the theme and modules to latest versions generates other problems that I started to write about in this last set of messages.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yoast did a change a short while ago that breaks things in our extensions that use mootools. They won't make changes so we're going though all the WP template adding an option "disable Yoast JS" - we've released some template updates but it's going to take a while to go through all of them.

But I reiterate yoast JS issues are nothing to do with PHP7 or allowed memory size - this topic has now diverged from it's original purpose.

Regards, Mark.

• I understand and if you would like, I can open a new thread with a more suitable title. The only problem I stil have is the gallery frontend. If you have a few minutes I really could use a few pointers there.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please raise a new topic stating the issue with a more appropriate title and post admin details in the secure tab of your reply.

We're four pages in now on this topic and it bears no resemblance to the original issue and you're not even the original topic poster... Let move to a new topic so everyone else on this topic doesn't keep getting emails for this rather verbose topic.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds