Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Ken Nunes wrote:
      STEP 2 – THIS IS ALSO IMPORTANT:
      10. In the Module Manager area, you will need to UNPUBLISH the module name: mainmenu.
      11. If you do not do this, all assigned items in the mainmenu menu (detailed in Step 1) will appear on the vertical column of your website as well, below the top level items that you have assigned in step one.

I think this part of the info is wrong cause when un-publishing the module 'mainmenu' the whole left column menu disappears, instead of unpublish, menu item link has to be selected (correct me if I am wrong).
    • VirtueShop
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Ken, Thanks for the great explaination. It is as I thought. Thanks much!

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Ken Nunes
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Peter,

Look at the post by Jon Glazer just before yours and I believe you will get your answer.

I wasn't actually aware of this but it seems you have to have another module in the column (be it left or right) for the split menu to function after you have disabled the main menu in admin, or split level will not appear.

Thanks for your comment Dave....much appreciated.

Ken

• Thanks Ken, my bad.

Is the following possible? (Moderator split/move to appropriate board if necessary)

I want to display the ‘main menu’ on the left column, I ONLY want to hide the ‘main menu’ if a menu item has a sub-item/menu.

In this site BROKEN LINK REMOVED, I only want to hide the ‘main menu’ when ‘Productions’ is selected but to display sub-items of productions.

Any ideas?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Kat05.
    • VirtueShop
    • Ken Nunes
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Peter,

I suspect that you should be able to select at the module where you want this to display.Instead of disabling the module, keep active and select where you want the module to function in "Menu Item Links...

I haven't tried it myself....but it certainly seems logical...

You site is very interesting....check out the Pianist Artur Papazian, who I believe lives in New York now....we met him here in Lisbon some years ago, as he won the First Prize in the early 1990's in a major world competition...he actually promotes some very interesting Armenian modern composers....if you get a chance go and see him....

And back to the site and I hope you dont mind my comments.....the Poets area functions well with the various Items for individual Poets that you have created.....although having to scrool down the Artists is not so good....you may want to look at this...the pictures at the Category level works really well and it would be interesting to just be able to click on the pictures of the artists to get to the biography....ie disabling the Prev and Next function....

Great potential the site though....and about time.....Podcasting interviews with contemporary Armenian Composers, Musicians, Artists, etc would be a potential...You may want to consider adding a programme that Armenian communities (and I know that like the Portuguese you are spread all over the world..) can go and see performances...

Sorry to keep on....but I actually saw Papazian in London some years ago and the turnout of the local Armenian community made the occasion amazingly emotional...unforgettable....so the programme information of where the contemporary artists are playing, displaying, etc will be very useful.

In any case, it's just nice to see culture hitting the stage…

ken

• the instructions are great for setting up the split menu but i just can't seem to get it to function correctly...

the far right link NEWS is a content section and LATEST is a content category...

when you click NEWS, Latest shows up underneath it in the Main Menu on the right...but i was expecting an entirely new menu entitled NEWS MENU to appear...

anyone have an idea what i've done wrong?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Kat05.
    • Ken Nunes
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• hi Bo,

I have been away and was only just able to pick this up....seems as though you have resolved the problem between the 19th and now as I cant see the question from the site??

let me know if this is the case....the split level seems to function very well in any case...

ken

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Thanks for the guide Ken. Very useful!

I'm just trying to figure out how to get the split menu to appear horizontally under the top one (same as how when you click on Joomla Template Club here, you get a second menu underneath).

Any ideas anyone?
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Thank you for your well written post.
      It has saved me allot of precious time.
      It seems strange though that the template uses the main menu for the top and remains after un-publishing it, but it works.

Thanks again -Jason

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Ken,

That was great! I didn't even know that the space undeneath the mainmenu was being used at all. I'm actually using it now in my Versatility II template. Thanks for sharing this information.

Do you also know how to make those dropdown menus when you hover over a mainmenu item?

Salamat (That's "thanks" in Tagalog -- a Filipino Language)
      Gene

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds