Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

PLEASE HELP! Blank website after move to new server

• PLEASE HELP! Blank website after move to new server

Posted 14 years 1 month ago
    • I honestly don't know if this is the right section to post this, but I don't know where else to post this! :) I am completely stuck on this one! I am usually able to figure most web/hosting stuff out, but I am completely stumped AND I have done everything everybody has mentioned in other websites and still nothing!

Here is this website:
      norciafinecabinetry.com

It is completely blank page on the front end AND back end! Not even a login page! We moved it from a CPANEL server to a PLESK server, but still with MySQL and using PHPMYADMIN. I copied the entire website with no files failing downloading and uploaded to new server. Then exported the db out and imported into new server. created same password and username. Also changed to absolute path in config.php from "public_html" to "httpdocs". STILL NOTHING! PLEASE HELP! ALL FILES ARE THERE, ALL TABLES IN DB ARE THERE! ALL USERS AND PASSWORDS ARE THERE! CONFIG IS CHANGED AND EVERYTHING THERE!
    • Kendall
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: PLEASE HELP! Blank website after move to new server

• Try this. MAKE a new php file called 'findpath.php' with this code:
      <?php
      $path = getcwd();
      echo "Your Absolute Path is: ";
      echo $path;
      ?>

Then navigate to it. www.yoursitename.com/findpath.php

it will come up like this THIS IS A SAMPLE. YOURS WILL BE DIFFERENT!
      Your Absolute Path is: /home/content/r/e/b/yadayadayada/html

NOW..use that path in your configuration.php file. If you have virtuemart, you will also have to change the vitrtuemart.config.php file.

Hope this helps a little bit.

EandK
    • Kendall
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• it might also be your template...Try switching to a different template like JA_Purity and see if it lights up. If it does, you will know the template is jacked. I am RIGHT now going through the same issue. Site is blank with Cataylst, then lights up with a different template. Weirrrrrrd!
  • Re: PLEASE HELP! Blank website after move to new server

• I have a similar issue in that I have a completely blank page. The weird part is that admin control panel works fine, and when I initially installed the Infuse template, it worked fone, then as I started installing the infuse extensions, the page first showed me an internal 500 error, then just white space where my web site should be. I have been getting pretty good about these things but this is a new hosting provider I have never worked with before (doteasy) and the root path is not public_html or root, it is var. www.html . it seems like I need to tell joomla something about where to find things but I have no idea where.

I have forwarded my clients domain to a backup site. The problem area can be viewed at;

209.151.8.195/my-treehouse.org/
      then the admin login can be found at the usual place, /administrator

if anybody wants to log in and help out, let me know.
    • "Think like a wise man but speak in the language of the people."
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Did you change the absolute path in the configuration.php file so Joomla knows where to find everything?

Also, file permissions can be an issue.

Posted 14 years 4 weeks ago
    • I looked in the configuration.php file in the root joomla directory and did not see a setting for absolute path, however, tow other settings log and tmp folder containg the correct path before it.

What makes this weird is that it was working until I started installing modules. I installed community builder if that makes any difference but I couldn't find any settings in CB that would indicate an inability to display the page.

Thanks for the help...

Posted 14 years 3 weeks ago
    • <?php
      $path = getcwd();
      echo "Your Absolute Path is: ";
      echo $path;
      ?>

The above script helped everything! I ran it, and then copied that into the config file and WALA! Everything came back up and working. The absolute path was completely different when moved to a virtual server using "httpdocs" instead of a physical server using "public_html"! Big difference in the path that can screw everything up!

THANKS AGAIN! SOLVED! :)
    • Kendall
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 14 years 3 weeks ago
    • Aw-RIGHT! I LOVE it when I get to help people! This board has helped me numerous times and it feels good to give back!

Yeah, I found that little trick sometime ago. I keep that file on hand because I work on many sites for many clients and paths are always different!

Good job man!

EandK

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • These posts also solved my problem. Thanks everybody. I really appreciate this forum.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • nice work kendall! thanks a lot! :D
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds