Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Missing option in roksprocket/mosaic to disable the display of tags

• cilap

Missing option in roksprocket/mosaic to disable the display of tags

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • Hello together,
      I am pretty new here, so hope I get the right tone.

I am loving to use roksprocket mosaic to vizualize multiple articles in a small an nice way like used here:
      www.xenovation.com/blog/development/java

What I would like to do is to be able to sort or even to filter the articles by its given tags (already works well). You can see a sample on the article "What is boilerplate code and the boilerplate meaning in Java?"
      So a user can quickly select the tags relevant to him.

But I do not want to show the tags in the article rectangles, since it bloats the content and makes also the SEO part bad, since it is getting quickly considered as keyword stuffing.

So I would like to have is a configuration in the module definition about this fact.
      Right now I have to do either:
      - delete the tags from the articles (bad, since the metadata is getting lost)
      - set in the module on each article Tags to "none"

In both cases I am loosing the option to provide the user a filtering mechanism

under Mosaic Article Defaults I would have expected to see a configuration like
      "Default Tags" <show/hide/none/...>

Is there any way to achieve this?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Missing option in roksprocket/mosaic to disable the display of tags

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "Free Stuff" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Roksprocket is a free extension but support for it is not.

1. You can hide the tag on the item with custom CSS (but it's still there on the page, just not visible, so if "keyword stuffing" is an issue that won't help).

or

2. create a roksprocket override and alter the code. https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensions/roksprocket/layout_modes.md#creating-template-overrides

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds