0
Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Featured Items Setting

    • Anders B's Avatar
    • Anders B
    • Rocketeer
    • Posts: 77
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Sam Mahoney wrote:
      Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I just double checked to be sure and it's working fine for me. Did the following:

      1. Went into FeaturedProducts config, set following:

      Get Featured Products: Featured Attribute
      Select Featured Attribute: featured

      2. Went into a product, in Featured Product tab selected "Set as a featured product: Yes".

      3. Went into HomepageGrid config, set "Filter products by: Featured Products"
      Yes, those are the exact settings. Plus, I've made sure all indexes are up-to-date and caches refreshed. And yet I'm just getting random products displayed, regardless of whether they are set as featured or not. That's why I'm at a loss with this :/
    • www.boxchilli.com/our-services/web-design/
    • Anders B's Avatar
    • Anders B
    • Rocketeer
    • Posts: 77
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • A further update:

      Changing the Filter by Store Root option to Yes makes all the products on the HomepageGrid disappear. Changing it back to No makes those random products appear. This is on the Featured Attribute option. On the Featured Category option, (which I know works), setting the Filter by Store Root to Yes also causes the featured products to not show. Setting it back to No fixes it.

      Not sure why the extension is behaving this way, quite honestly.
    • www.boxchilli.com/our-services/web-design/
    • Sam Mahoney's Avatar
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 7420
    • Thanks: 222

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • The "filter by root" option does exactly that, filters by your root category, for that store. It's used when you have more than one store running from the same Magento installation, but have different products on each and don't want them mixing. So you set separate root categories for each. With the setting enabled they won't be visible to the other store.

      So, if you enable it and you don't have all your products selected directly in the root, they won't appear.

      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.


      In the above screenshot they're not selected in the root, so you see the 0 next to it. That's what FeaturedProducts also sees, 0 products.

      Hope that clears things up for you.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • Anders B's Avatar
    • Anders B
    • Rocketeer
    • Posts: 77
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Sam Mahoney wrote:
      The "filter by root" option does exactly that, filters by your root category, for that store. It's used when you have more than one store running from the same Magento installation, but have different products on each and don't want them mixing. So you set separate root categories for each. With the setting enabled they won't be visible to the other store.

      So, if you enable it and you don't have all your products selected directly in the root, they won't appear.

      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.


      In the above screenshot they're not selected in the root, so you see the 0 next to it. That's what FeaturedProducts also sees, 0 products.

      Hope that clears things up for you.
      Well, that makes things even more weird, because the product range in my site IS selected in the Root Category (being Default Category). All products are assigned to each section of the category it resides in (so Default Category -> Top Category -> Sub Category are all assigned to Product A as it resides in Sub Category).
    • www.boxchilli.com/our-services/web-design/
    • Sam Mahoney's Avatar
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 7420
    • Thanks: 222

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • If you'd like to PM me login details for the admin I can take a look. As I said, I tested again to be sure and it's all working fine for me so either a setting is wrong somewhere or something is interfering.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • Anders B's Avatar
    • Anders B
    • Rocketeer
    • Posts: 77
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Just to update, I've since looked at creating another attribute for the FeaturedProducts extension to use as the Featured Attribute. Making sure I set it as a Yes/No attribute, I then added to the attribute set and made a product enabled as featured with that specific attribute. The expected result was to see only one product appear on the HomepageGrid, which is supposed to be the one I had set myself with the new attribute.

      Result: I still see the same garbage result of a whole list of products. The fact I set the attribute to be used to something else hasn't done a thing. It suggests that the FeaturedProduct extension is failing to pick up an attribute at all and not filtering correctly.

      I'd really like some more help with this as this is proving to be very problematic, especially with my client getting a little impatient.
    • www.boxchilli.com/our-services/web-design/
    • Sam Mahoney's Avatar
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 7420
    • Thanks: 222

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Seems you need to set your featured attribute to be "used in product listing":

      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.


      Doesn't usually need that set so not sure what's different about your setup, but that fixed it for me with a test featured attribute I created.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • Anders B's Avatar
    • Anders B
    • Rocketeer
    • Posts: 77
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Sam Mahoney wrote:
      Seems you need to set your featured attribute to be "used in product listing":

      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.


      Doesn't usually need that set so not sure what's different about your setup, but that fixed it for me with a test featured attribute I created.
      Well, that explains that. But I wonder why with the default setup of the featured attribute (which is created for FeaturedProducts) doesn't set the attribute to the correct setting. Maybe something didn't quite install properly. But anyways, it looks like it is working, so many many thanks. Greatly appreciated!
    • www.boxchilli.com/our-services/web-design/
    • jasonb4's Avatar
    • jasonb4
    • Newbie
    • Posts: 9
    • Thanks: 0

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • can't get featured to work in either the ContentSlider or the "our featured products". I've tried everything in here and it still doesn't work.
    • Sam Mahoney's Avatar
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 7420
    • Thanks: 222

    Re: Featured Items Setting

    Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • jasonb4 wrote:
      can't get featured to work in either the ContentSlider or the "our featured products". I've tried everything in here and it still doesn't work.

      Sorry for the late reply on this, but you've posted in the "Free" Quasar forum, on a solved post. If you're still having this problem could you post in our Members Quasar forum here www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=490&rb_v=viewforum
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds