Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Grunge Theme - Date displays twice on posts, how to remove?

• Zube
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Grunge Theme - Date displays twice on posts, how to remove?

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • Cliff, you are the man! Think I got all the changes I wanted working correctly.

Just about to get the site ready for an actual launch, but I wanted to ask about one more thing (I promise it'll be the last, since I'm sure what I need changed applies to the rest of the php files in the html folder):

When I look at my test Archive, the titles are not links to the actual pages. The only way someone would get sent to the actual page is if they click the "Read more..." button. Sadly, if there is a small post that I don't use the Insert More Tag, there is no way for someone to get to that page.

I've got the archive.php file open and looking for anything that you described in your last post, but I can't find where to make the change for the post to be clickable/linkable from the archive page. I'm sure it's there, just can't find it.

I assume what I need to change on the archive.php file is the same that would be needed to be changed in the search.php and so on.

I think this is the last bit I need to figure out before I add actual content to the site.

Appreciate all the help. You deserve a raise!
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi, I took a look, the code that runs that is found on line 103 archive.php
      <div class="rt-headline">
      <?php if($title_link) : ?>
      <h1 class="title">
      <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
      </h1>
      The if statement tell me that there is a parameter in the backend that controls that. Go into your content tab in the theme settings, click archive, flip the linked title switch. Same for the search. Hope that helps.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
    • Zube
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Wow... I am truly an idiot. All this time and I didn't realize that in the Gantry Theme settings you can click the words "Search" and "Archive" and it opens a whole new menu for each.

*facepalm*

Thanks again Cliff!
  • Re: Grunge Theme - Date displays twice on posts, how to remove?

• I am having the same issues with the double date stamp, missing buttons on the home page, no tape/paper image for date. All on the home page.

But they are all present on the older posts links.

Please see original posts here:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=29...45672&rb_v=viewtopic

Thought it may have started when I updated both the Gantry plug in and WP.

Now there are updates for both again and I am leary fo doing so for fear of losing what I have fixed thus far.

Any ideas?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• I'm going to contact the developer about this, I believe that the index.php is loading instead of home.php. Open those 2 files, found in the html folder of the theme directory - back them up first. Then copy everything from home.php in to index.php - so they are both the same. That should fix it. Let me know.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

• I backed up the 2 pages in question and copied the html over. That did do the trick! Thank you!!

However, I much prefer the Category title not being there and the Post title looking like it used to - much like it does when you click on Older Posts.

Any suggestions?

here's the URL again:

mabrydadsclub.com
    • Zube
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• JJ Spelman wrote:
      *snipped*

However, I much prefer the Category title not being there and the Post title looking like it used to - much like it does when you click on Older Posts.

Any suggestions?

I didn't find a way to do this in the Grunge theme settings, but I found something that you might think suitable:

open your index.php and home.php files. Find the following bit of code under the <!-- Begin Title --> line:
      <span><?php print(get_the_category_list( ', ' ) ); ?></span>

Change to
      <span></span>

This will remove the category list name from the pages while keeping the divider line. The only thing I couldn't find was how to resize the post title so that it becomes the size it used to be. I assume that it's listed somewhere in a .css file.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Zube! I commented out that part - then added the class "title" to lines 53 and 58. That got the color to change but not the size. I will work on it.

but it looks a LOT better than having the category there. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds