Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

• Adam

Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • my websites are using Gantry 4 Framework for wordpress, but after the last wordpress update 5.8 the page /wp-admin/widgets.php stop working in all websites.

Can you help me solve this issue? Meybe a plugin update is required from your part?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

• I've confirmed this issue and it is caused by the WP 5.8 update. - I've asked our DEVS to investigate this issue but this may take some time.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Adam

• Hi,

any update?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, not really but you can track the issue for yourself https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2843 , DO NOT use G5.5 on a live site - there are many changes and there are still plenty of bugs outstanding too. I also would not start hacking G5.4 to apply the suggested fix either.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Adam

• Hi,

we still use gatry Version 4.1.21 on websites. But as I see it is not updated from long time. Meybe we need to change theme? What is your suggestion?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• My suggestion would be to use a Gantry 5 theme - at present that has the same issue too, but, as you can see, there's already a fix for that in the pipeline. Any Gantry 5 theme can be used - check the demos. I don't know if/when this issue will be fixed in Gantry 4 themes.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

• I'm using the Antares theme and so believe I am using gantry 5. I'm getting a fatal error. I tried restoring to a subdomain with an earlier back up but it didn't work. I don't know if it the theme or not. I've attached the log. thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT wrote:
      No, not really but you can track the issue for yourself https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2843 , DO NOT use G5.5 on a live site - there are many changes and there are still plenty of bugs outstanding too. I also would not start hacking G5.4 to apply the suggested fix either.
      Linda Guild - as I said above the issue is caused by WP5.8 and Gantry 5 needs to be changed to work alongside this new version of WP that has substantial changes made - hence why I have raised a bug ticket on the Gantry 5 opensource project for them to fix - you can add your comments to that ticket. The issue is nothing to do with any RT products - it's purely Gantry 5 core.

Regards, Mark.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Hi Mark
      If it is of any help
      I had to convert 2 non-profit websites, we look after pro-bono, from Joomla to WordPress last week.
      We did this using 2 test sites on our server.
      On our Linux Control Panel we can use an 'instant' WordPress setup - WordPress ToolKit
      I used this to create the test sites for the transfer from Joomla
      The Toolkit uses the latest WP version
      And I installed Gantry 5 and Calisto.
      Then worked as normal with creating the website
      I didn't experience any issues
      I then transferred the site to the live domain and it is working perfectly.
      I am guessing the issue is with existing sites
      Do you know what the issues are if we update our other non-profit sites?
      I have seen the Github links - would be nice though to have a simple explanation maybe?

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Hi Mark
      Did a quick check
      A test site on our server was updated to WP 5.8
      Using G5 and Clarity
      Not experiencing issues - though need to check updating all the plugins

In case that helps

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds