Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • safeworld4women - I am glad your sites are working - but there are big issues that need resolving. WP 5.8 introduces the blockeditor for widget positions and the Gantry 5 particles does not work with this. In the first case you get an error in the appearance > widgets page and even if you get passed this then the particle picker in the wodget position does not work - so we have to fix this in Gantry 5. Gantry 4 has even more of an issue.

We're actively working on these issues and don't yet have a working solution - hence the warning to our membership.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Hi Mark
      I noticed the changes to the widget system...
      Not sure if this is of any relevant help?
      wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No it doesn't because we can't ask everyone to install that and not use the block editor.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Hi Mark
      Now I understand the issue!

A
    • Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by safeworld4women.
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
  • Re: Issue with wordpress themes after 5.8 update

• My site is completely down and I can't access the administrator site to fix it. I am stymied and would love some ideas on how to get back into use a different version or theme.

thanks,
      Linda
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Linda Guild - The issues we are a ware with WP5.8 do not prevent you logging in or cause your site to be inaccessible - so there must be some other reason for your issue. What error are you getting?

Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Also, presumably you took a backup before you updated to WP5.8 so you could restore back to that?

Regards, Mark.

• Unfortunately the back up is having the same issue. It was an automated update and I thought that the back up was early enough.

• use the attached ftp instead - Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have tried both ftp logins and neither of them work - please check.

Regards, Mark.

• sorry about that I just updated the password on this one

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds