Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Version 3.0.0 Released

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Version 3.0.0 Released

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • Just wanted to let you all know that we've just released version 3.0. This has many fixes and some really cool new features. Check out the news item on the Gantry site:

www.gantry-framework.org/news/58-version-300-released

The Gantry 3.0 Changelog is as follows:

+ Added SmartLoad feature
      + Added Aliases element
      + Added Gradient & Gradient Preview element
      + Added Google Web Font support
      + Added Version Check element
      + Added image resizer feature for iPhone
      + Added iPhone support
      + Added per platform template page support
      + Added support for dynamic css and js files with query string
      + Added support for mootools 1.1.2 in older joomla versions (<= 1.5.14)
      # Fix for php4 with gangtryurl.class and gantry.class
      # Fix for Multiple copies of template showing up in uninstaller
      # Fix for getParams not pulling cookie/session/menuitem/url modified params
      # Fix for multiple includes of FlatFile
      # Fix for caching dynamic params
      # Fix for disabled fields do not reset to defaults
      # Fix for default font stacks
      # Fix for delete icon of presets for early templates
      # Fix for splitmenu layout
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Version 3.0.0 Released

• wow!
    • Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Henning.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• I tried to upgrade two local installs – both attempts failed:

php-log:
      [31-May-2010 06:59:09] PHP Warning: require_once(/Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/fonts.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/chain.php on line 41
      [31-May-2010 06:59:09] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/fonts.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/chain.php on line 41

Apache-log:
      [Mon May 31 09:06:25 2010] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist: /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/rt_juxta_j15/template_thumbnail.png, referer: http://localhost:8888/rt_juxta_j15/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&task=edit&cid[]=rt_juxta_j15&client=0

hmmm ... am I doing something wrong?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• Update: uninstalling Gantry 2.56 and installing Gantry 3.0
      solved this ...

But I dont see: new Version Element that shows the installed version of Gantry
      or any of the new features ... I guess the template xml has to be updated too?

Edit: Yup! Adding <param name="versioncheck" type="versioncheck" label="" /> at the right place gave me the version number.

Sorry about my quick posts, but you should look into the gantry upgrade process ...

Henning
      (Gantry FTW)

P.S.: Seems you solved that Gordian knot again - this time the Joomla/mobile dilemma ...
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi henning,

thanks for your post. will do some local testing to see if i get the same errors as you.

as for the other gantry based templates, those will be updated soon to incorporate the new features.
      The iPhone/iPod Touch support is very cool because the core functionality is all contained within the Gantry framework itself. Some minor templateDetails.xml changes are needed to take advantage of this functionality in templates released prior to Gantry 3.0's release, but we will soon be updating those other Gantry templates to take advantage.
      kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• maybe it is something in my php.ini-configuration.

But the iphone view is quite cool I must say ...
      Will there be a custom iphone design for the new templates or will it be always this standard-template that comes with default gantry?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i did some random tests on various untouched rocketlaunchers, partly with not-latest versions of the templates and previous versions of gantry:

crystalline 1.5.5 rl
      joomla 1.5.17
      gantry 2.5.6

dominion 1.5.9 rl
      joomla 1.5.17
      gantry 2.5.6

juxta 1.5.0 rl
      joomla 1.5.17
      gantry 2.5.6

quantive 1.5.0 rl
      joomla 1.5.15
      gantry 2.5.2

kinetic 1.5.3 rl
      joomla 1.5.15
      gantry 2.5.1

reaction 1.5.7 rl
      joomla 1.5.15
      gantry 2.5.5

on all of them i installed gantry 3.0.0 without uninstalling the existing gantry first.
      none of them gave me an error and for all templates the existing parameters show fine.

can you recall which versions of gantry you had on your installs before you got the error?
      also, did you do any other gantry updates on those installs before?

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Henning wrote:
      Update: uninstalling Gantry 2.56 and installing Gantry 3.0
      solved this ...

But I dont see: new Version Element that shows the installed version of Gantry
      or any of the new features ... I guess the template xml has to be updated too?

Edit: Yup! Adding <param name="versioncheck" type="versioncheck" label="" /> at the right place gave me the version number.

Sorry about my quick posts, but you should look into the gantry upgrade process ...

Henning
      (Gantry FTW)

P.S.: Seems you solved that Gordian knot again - this time the Joomla/mobile dilemma ...
      Henning wrote:
      I tried to upgrade two local installs – both attempts failed:

php-log:
      [31-May-2010 06:59:09] PHP Warning: require_once(/Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/fonts.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/chain.php on line 41
      [31-May-2010 06:59:09] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/fonts.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/modul-test/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/chain.php on line 41

Apache-log:
      [Mon May 31 09:06:25 2010] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist: /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/rt_juxta_j15/template_thumbnail.png, referer: http://localhost:8888/rt_juxta_j15/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&task=edit&cid[]=rt_juxta_j15&client=0

hmmm ... am I doing something wrong?

lol, now i see what you mean.

you upgraded the template itself, not the gantry framework.

that won't work. newly released templates are always based on the latest version of gantry.
      so the gantry 3.0.0 template will show the above error when trying to use it with gantry 2.5.6 or any older version of gantry.
      the gantry 3.0.0 template requires the 3.0.0 gantry framework.

• Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• yup! :oops: Finally have it going ... just clicked on the wrong file – wanted to test it quickly before the daily grind starts ...
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• ahh no just tested it again ... this time I was sure to pick the right file
      gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.0.zip

and again my gantry settings stopped working ...

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds