Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Version 3.0.0 Released

• Re: Version 3.0.0 Released

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • I don't know if it was a known issue and has been fixed in this release but Gantry creates a new .ini file under the template folder if Joomla installation directory refers to a sub-domain or sub-directory other than a root.
      For example:
      If I have a sub-domain sub.domain.com saving templates parameters at backend creates params_sub.ini and thus changes are not reflected in params.ini. They are saved to params_sub.ini.
      Likewise if I have a Joomla installation under a sub-directory domain.com/sub saving templates parameters at backend creates params_sub.ini and again changes are not reflected in params.ini.
      If Joomla installation is a root installation (ie no sub-domain/directory) changes are reflected to params.ini
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Version 3.0.0 Released

• Seniha Meliha wrote:
      I don't know if it was a known issue and has been fixed in this release but Gantry creates a new .ini file under the template folder if Joomla installation directory refers to a sub-domain or sub-directory other than a root.
      For example:
      If I have a sub-domain sub.domain.com saving templates parameters at backend creates params_sub.ini and thus changes are not reflected in params.ini. They are saved to params_sub.ini.
      Likewise if I have a Joomla installation under a sub-directory domain.com/sub saving templates parameters at backend creates params_sub.ini and again changes are not reflected in params.ini.
      If Joomla installation is a root installation (ie no sub-domain/directory) changes are reflected to params.ini
      hi seniha,

not sure this has ever been brought up before. our demo is also located on a subdomain and the various demo installs are located in subfolders, but i dont think there have ever been issues like the one you describe.

anyway, i am not entirely sure, i will check with the devs to take a look at it.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Henning wrote:
      ahh no just tested it again ... this time I was sure to p ick the right file
      gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.0.zip

and again my gantry settings stopped working ...
      hi henning,

not sure to be honest. did you try to disable the gantry cache in the template parameters?

maybe you have some more details about your install, so i can try to replicate this.

• Rich Bean
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• ummm I can uninstall 3.0 and install 2.5.6 again ... that works!
      (Quantive Rocketlauncher installation)

The Gantry Rocketlauncher-bundle runs without problems.

[Mon May 31 15:10:35 2010] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist: /Users/henningbokelmann/Public/Daten-iMac/imac-web/rt_quantive_j15-test/template_thumbnail.png, referer: http://localhost:8888/rt_quantive_j15-test/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&task=edit&cid[]=rt_quantive_j15&client=0
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i tried a quantive rl before without issues:
      quantive 1.5.0 rl
      joomla 1.5.15
      gantry 2.5.2

i have also some quantive 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 rl sitting around, i will try those in a moment.

it actually looks like that is a quantive template that you renamed?
      rt_quantive_j15-test

• Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• well I give up now ... I could install it once. Dont know what was the difference – cleaned chaches/cookies ... tried the same on another Gantry 2.5.6 template ... no success.
      I'll guess it is better to wait for me at the moment ...
      Funny thing is I can always uninstall 3.0 and move back to 2.5.6 ...
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• rt_quantive_j15-test is the subfolder where I installed the rocketlauncher ...
      (I tried Juxta too without success)
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• I just did a last test.
      downloaded crystalline RL,
      installed, upgrade gantry from latest to 3.0
      no problem at all ... :D

at the moment I can't say what the problem with "older" installations is, perhaps I should try to eanable the ftp-thing. Anyway I think the issue is on my side. Thx for the follow up Kat - not a bad feeling when you know that someone is looking into your problems ... it really helps ;-) ...
    • Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Henning.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• i just checked on my other 2 quantive rl installs:

quantive 1.5.1 rl
      joomla 1.5.15
      gantry 2.5.5

quantive 1.5.2 rl
      joomla 1.5.17
      gantry 2.5.6

everything working fine for me.

again, those are untouched rl, maybe anything was done on your install? could be just normal changes in the backend which are breaking things for you, if so i really would like to find out where the problem is, so the devs can take a deeper look into it.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds