Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particle recommendation please

• Particle recommendation please

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • In another post I was told that the Rok Sprocket module will not be updated for a while and that it's not likely compatible with any joomla upgrade beyond 3.10.0. It was suggested that I use the Gantry 5 particles and of course I agree but... I am unable to find anything to use for an FAQ page that works like the Rok Sprocket Accordion module. Any suggestions on a slick and efficient alternative? I am wanting something more than text on a page. I am using the Elixr template.
      Also... I see understand that the particles included are dependant on the specific template being used. Is that correct?
      Thanks for your time.
    • Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Quincy Follweiler.
    • The "S" Stands for Hope
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Particle recommendation please

• 1. First of all, a useful reference to every particle we have is here https://rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla/274835-gantry-5-particles-the-matrix-v1-14

2. Therein there is a particle called "accordion" - so you could take a look at the demo of the template in which it resides. There also "owlcarousel" newsslider in Topaz that's worth a look.

3. InspireThemes also do loads of particle too - and they have an "accordion" too https://www.inspiretheme.com/gantry5-particles

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Particle recommendation please

• Wow, quick answer, so thank you for that! I will read up on those references you gave.
      One follow up question. I have built a site for a client that likes the Elixr template, so changing now is not an option for me.
      My question. Is each template limited to the particles built within that template?
      Thanks again for your help. I do appreciate it!
    • The "S" Stands for Hope
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Particle recommendation please

• The templates are commercial products. The main differentiator (apart from the design) are the particles within them. You can copy particles from one template to another subject to your subscription allowing you to download the donor template.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Quincy Follweiler

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds