• Custom work done

Re: Chrystalline emplate preset change won't save, just spins

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Barry

Try it now :)
    • BarryS

• Hi Dan, the .us site works now, the .info has not changed. I also notice the site that now works shows this on the templates page "The parameter file /templates/rt_crystalline_j15/params.ini is unwritable!". The site that still doesn't work shows "The parameter file /templates/rt_crystalline_j15/params.ini is writable".

So, i thought i'd change the permissions of the params.ini file to 555 on the non-working site to match the now working site. But that didn' make any difference. I have to assume you made more changes than just that one file? What was done to get the .us site to work?

thanks again for your attention on this matter.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• BarryS wrote:
      Hi Dan, the .us site works now, the .info has not changed. I also notice the site that now works shows this on the templates page "The parameter file /templates/rt_crystalline_j15/params.ini is unwritable!". The site that still doesn't work shows "The parameter file /templates/rt_crystalline_j15/params.ini is writable".
      The writable/unwritable issue is actually a Joomla hiccup as in most cases the file is actually writable. I would have fixed the .info site too but kept getting a Server not found error.BarryS wrote:
      So, i thought i'd change the permissions of the params.ini file to 555 on the non-working site to match the now working site. But that didn' make any difference. I have to assume you made more changes than just that one file? What was done to get the .us site to work?
      Params.ini should be set at 644.
      It took me half an hour to figure out what was going on with the .us site. Had I been SMART :oops: I would have figured it out in 30 seconds if I would have used the Rockettheme Advanced Search for Gantry 3.1.3. Apparently there was an issue with v3.1.3 that was fixed in v3.1.4 which is what I installed on your .us site.
      To fix .info go to Admin -> Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Components -> Gantry and click UNINSTALL. Then back to Admin -> Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Install -> Upload Package File and locate your Downloaded Gantry v3.1.4
    • BarryS

• Dan, Thank you and the others for you prompt attention to this matter. I am impressed!
      You were right on the money with the solution. I've since erased both sites and tried again from scratch with the first step after installation being to update to the gantry component to 3.14. Needless to say everything worked as advertised after that.

I had assumed the rocketlauncher package with 3.13 would work regardless of an update waiting. Guess it goes to show - never assume.

In summary, problem solved thanks to you. Your support and responsiveness gets high marks from me. Again, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds