Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

White Screen after install

• usfsbdc

Re: White Screen after install

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • OK... I disabled WordPress Hashcash and suddenly I no longer had the white page... kind of interesting that this causes an issue with the backend, but at least now I can access the template parameters... hope this helps anyone else experiencing a white page with this theme.
    • usfsbdc

• hmmm... still can't view widgets page... any thoughts on that one?
    • usfsbdc

• OK... looks like the "Display widgets" plugin is what caused the white page for the widgets page... so once I disabled that, I can see the widget page - but now I can't view the Ganty Settings page again... interesting...

Disabled plugin SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam and now, finally, it looks like I don't have any more white pages... so, bottom line to anyone looking to add this template to an existing blog... be prepared to spend time looking for and disabling widgets and plugins that are causing conflicts... I didn't pick wordpress for this site, someone else did... as if I needed another reason to prefer Joomla.
  • Re: White Screen after install

• I am still waiting, and still white front page
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi usfsbdc,

it seems that the original issue discussed in this thread is related to joomla and not to wordpress.
      it would be best if you could start your own topic in the correct forum board with all the necessary information, so a wordpress moderator can help you out.

hi gcambull,

if you like send me your link and super admin details via pm to take a closer look.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Kat,

I already sent you the info via PM
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i have checked the source code of your blank page and i see the following messages in there:
      <!-- Unable to render layout... can not find layout class for doc_body -->>
      <!-- Unable to render layout... can not find layout class for mod_standard -->
      <!-- Unable to render layout... can not find layout class for body_mainbody -->

another problem is that your log directory is unwritable, you can check yourself in the admin under > help > system info > directory permissions...

when i logged in, the rt_gantry_j15 template was set as default, when i switch to panacea then your site shows, but still has those rendering issues.

i believe that the install might be corrupted, can you uninstall the templates and reinstall them? please use the standalone versions then and not the bundle, as gantry is now already installed.

kat :)

• ok I will give it a shot, and report back, thanks

• Well at first I tried to install the standalone of panacea template, and it failed twice, saying that the execution time exceeded 30 seconds, repeated that in three folders. so I took a time out and came back to try again, I un-installed the panacea template and tried to install again, this time I got an error saying, that it was not possible to copy the selected file, in this case it was the ini file in Admin/language/en-GB, so I uploaded it manually, but it looks like I still have those rendering issues, the front page looks the same.

?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i actually come to think that this might be a server related issue.
      you are using an Microsoft-IIS/6.0 server which might be the root of the problem.

anyway i am not an expert when it comes to server-related issues, so i will ask some of the other mods to take a look.

kat :)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds