Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

White Screen after install

• White Screen after install

Posted 13 years 8 months ago
    • I keep getting a while (or blank screen) after uploading/installing the gantry bundle thru joomla extensions. If I hit reload, it re submits the previous, if I click back, then I get where I was prior to installing the file. It does look like it installed, if I check the templates manager, but when clicking on the template I get a "copy failed" at top of screen, and when I access page it is also black with the exception of a > at the top left corner.

I can try using other templates and they work fine.

I am on a windows box, with a dedicated virtual server

www.bullfightsinmexico.com/ (is the page I am working on).

The attachment is of the same install but panacea, see how it also says "copy failed"

Thanks
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
  • Re: White Screen after install

• Amandeep Singh wrote:
      Try re-install roknavmenu module

I have to manually delete the ini file or it gives me an error that it cant remoev it, thats upon installation.
      When I install roknav I get an error, even though install is successful, which says (See Attached image):

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I then also have to manually copy the ini file via ftp.

Still blank...

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • Bump! Its been a week, no one else?

See that there's been an update to the gantry, I downloaded and installed, now only to get a nlank white screen in Admin, it looks like it didnt finish as the front page still has a different template.

clueless
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: White Screen after install

• hi there,

sorry you didn't get a reply.

if you like, send me your super admin details and ftp details via pm to take a closer look.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • usfsbdc

• similar issue... white screen when trying to edit Reaction Theme settings... is there a reason why this isn't working?
    • usfsbdc

• deleted the gantry plugin folder and reinstalled gantry... same problem... white screen when trying to get to menu editor as well, I am assuming these are related...

• Kat05 wrote:
      hi there,

sorry you didn't get a reply.

if you like, send me your super admin details and ftp details via pm to take a closer look.

thanks, kat :)

ok yeah will do, been a bit busy and thought I was forgotten. Thought about cleaning it out and starting from scratch and installing the bundle but lost track. I'll send you the info thru PM

Thanks
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• usfsbdc wrote:
      similar issue... white screen when trying to edit Reaction Theme settings... is there a reason why this isn't working?
      hi there,

could be a lot of different reasons for a blank page. did you enable the error reporting in the joomla global configuration?

is your joomla version and all other extensions up-to-date? is your server fit enough to run gantry?

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • usfsbdc

• wait, was I posting in the wrong forum??? I thought this was the wordpress forum. I am not using Joomla with this site.

I believe there is a plugin conflict within Wordpress, so I am disabling the ones I have been using one at a time to try to identify... will post my findings here soon. I was using the afterburner theme (for Wordpress) for this site and recently upgraded (testing in an offline configuration - not the live site obviously).

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds