Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Problems . . . HELP!!!!

• Gantry Problems . . . HELP!!!!

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • I've been working on customizing the Quantive Template by adding in some additional module positions (following tutorial http://www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/customize/adding-module-positions )

Since I made the changes and reloaded the page, I get a Gantry error:

Warning: require_once(../rt_quantive_j15/lib/gantry/gantry.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/demo/xxxxxx/templates/rt_quantive_j15/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../rt_quantive_j15/lib/gantry/gantry.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/demo/xxxxxx/templates/rt_quantive_j15/index.php on line 16

I've undone the changes and re-uploaded the original files (i.e. reverting the files I changed BACK to the original files) but I am still getting this error . . . any ideas?

Chris

P.S. -The ONLY changes made to the site were in index.php and templateDetails.xml BUT these changes have been removed and the original files returned to the server . . .

UPDATE: I've cleared/emptied all cache, turned off/on any cache/compressions, all to no effect, still get the error
    • CMYKreative : Graphic Design , Web Design , Printing , Banner Ads , Branding and more.
    • psmeby
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Problems . . . HELP!!!!

• Honestly I would uninstall Gantry and reinstall it via joomla administration backpage.
    • If you get a chance please visit my website and give me some feedback.
      http://www.aleksinc.com
  • Re: Gantry Problems . . . HELP!!!!

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • HELP: I have just installed the Panacea template and I get a similar error:
      Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/gantry/gantry.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP5')

I have not changed any files. I did update to the latest gantry via regular installation, no problems occurred.

I am running Joomla 1.5.22 with PHP 5.2.13

• Really? No answers here at all? Is this the support that we pay for? I'm a little unsatisfied here. :cry:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Tatsujin wrote:
      Tried that too . . . no difference . . . I don't understand how changing something in the index.php file, then replacing it with the original file that came with the template can break the whole damn site :(
      hi there,

maybe the original files got corrupted when you reuploaded them?
      try to upload the index.php and templatedetails.xml file again and see if that solves the error.

also make sure to upload the correct index.php file, sometimes people get confused between the one located in the template folder and the one in the joomla root.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• KThackston wrote:
      HELP: I have just installed the Panacea template and I get a similar error:
      Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/gantry/gantry.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP5')

I have not changed any files. I did update to the latest gantry via regular installation, no problems occurred.

I am running Joomla 1.5.22 with PHP 5.2.13
      hi there,

did you install gantry and if so is it the latest version?

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• @Tatsujin
      I actually had to contact my server and have them unzip my rocketlauncher files directly for the install. Something happened via my FTP install that locked certain files (unknown) and caused these error message. Since i started fro scratch, it appears to be working.

I have no idea what the original issue is. hope this helps

• I never found a solution, I don't believe it was corrupted files caused by FTP as I'd updated/replaced them many times many times and ONLY had the problem when I'd made changes to the template. It was not a problem with locked files or owner/permission errors, I run my own server and can see there were no problems there.

I believe there is an issue with the Gantry cache but I'm not knowledgeable enough to be able to track it down. I have subsequently started from scratch (was quicker to start from the beginning than wait for a solution here) and so far there have been no problems, I have however now turned off ALL caching within the site and surprise surprise it's working OK despite all the changes I'm making. This article is useful . . . www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=92880&rb_v=viewtopic

Tats

P.S. - kat05, I was running the latest PHP, latest Joomla, latest Gantry when I had the problems, as I said I think it's a caching issue.
    • CMYKreative : Graphic Design , Web Design , Printing , Banner Ads , Branding and more.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds