Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry error after moving site to different directory

• Gantry error after moving site to different directory

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • I had a Joomla site which I tried to move from one directory to another and after doing so and updating the Joomla config file with the new locations, I started getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function isEnabled() on a non-object in /home/dynamicw/public_html/fhslaw.com/libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 1838

I'm running PHP 5.2.17 and the current versions of Joomla 2.5 and Gantry. It was working file before the move.

What could be causing this? It's kind of an urgent issue - would appreciate fast response. Thanks.
  • Re: Gantry error after moving site to different directory

• It looks like I can access and log in to the admin CP. But the public end of the site gives that error.
    • Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Erik Millsap.

• I moved the site files back to the old directory and the site works fine. What could be the issue here?

• I also just tried renaming the folders instead of moving from a non-public to public directory and that didn't work either. Is there something that needs to be updating in Gantry when moving a site?

• And for what it's worth, here's what is on line 1838:

if ($feature_instance->isEnabled() && $feature_instance->isInPosition($position) && method_exists($feature_instance, 'render')) {

Granted I'm no PHP expert but I don't see anything there or in the code around it that depends on knowing the server directory it is located in.

• Any ideas? I'm stuck on this project until this can be fixed and can't close and bill the project with my client.

• I tried again today after receiving no response and it seemed to work OK. The error is gone at least. Some of the Javascript in the admin panel is acting weird but it looks like a browser issue.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry error after moving site to different directory

• hi there,

apologies that you did not get a reply but glad to hear your issues is solved now.
      please keep in mind that adding several replies to your own thread, will remove it from the 'unanswered posts' queue which we use pretty often to find posts that need to be addressed.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Posted 11 years 3 months ago
    • I just had the same issue... Joomla 2.5.9, RT Camber.

I moved my site files to new directory, which broke Gantry. I got the Fatal Error...
      Fatal error: Call to a member function isEnabled() on a non-object in....

The problem was fixed when I re-installed Gantry.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry error after moving site to different directory

Posted 11 years 3 months ago
    • hi matheau,

glad to hear the reinstall worked for you as well. :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds