0 items Join Now

[Closed] Problem with Gantry 5 Install

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: [Closed] Problem with Gantry 5 Install

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Steve Overton wrote:
      I have spent the better part of the morning trying to get Gantry v5x bundle installed and find it way to complicated, especially compared to v4.x.
      I now have over two dozen installs of Gantry 5 and a compatible template and only once did it go south and that was my own doing.
      Steve Overton wrote:
      You're making the transition from 4 to 5 way too complicated.
      It's not really a transition as Gantry 5 is a totally different animal.

Having said that if your look at the Requiem and Kraken templates their layouts have been setup as module position's in a Section similar to the way Gantry 4 had it. Now to add a Gantry particle you do it in Module Manager just as you would add any Gantry 4 module.
    • Law
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Every Joomla install I make using the latest Gantry ends up with me getting this same error message:

"Error

Please install Gantry 5 Framework before installing Xenon template!
      Error installing template"

After probably a few hours and one or two machine reboots, I would finally be able to install Xenon or any of the newer templates that uses Gantry.

And this same pattern occurs over and over everytime I install it onto a new web address.

I have no clue as to what makes the install successful after a few hours of trying. It's just random.

I know it isn't only me but is there a way to get this resolved?? I've used hosting services from Hostgator, Bluehost, Godaddy Hosting. All the same results.
    • Law
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • This time it only took 30 minutes and after 6 tries. I was successful.

Installation of the template was successful.
      Joomla! would like your permission to collect some basic statistics.

In order to better understand our install base and end user environments, this plugin has been created to send those statistics back to a Joomla! controlled central server. No identifying data is captured at any point. You can change these settings later from Plugins > System - Joomla! Statistics. Click here to see which information will be sent.

Enable Joomla Statistics?

Always Once Never

Install
      Update
      Manage
      Discover
      Database
      Warnings
      Install Languages
      Update Sites
      Xenon template for Gantry 5 Framework
  • Re: [Closed] Problem with Gantry 5 Install

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • same here
      uninstalled gantry 5, and reinstalled again, then the template installed fine
      (not sure why it choked the first time around)
      - and 'protected' looks like the norm for all but one of the gantry 5 extension elements.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Ian Phillips.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds