Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED It pains me to write this

• Re: SOLVED It pains me to write this

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • MrT wrote:
      Please read the documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/layout-manager . This shows you how you can load a preset into layout manager that gives you similar positions to a Gantry 4 template.

You also mentioned in your other post that you are using Salient so i've done a screenshot for you of the presets available in Gantry 4.

Please remember though that Gantry 5 is not backwards compatible with Gantry 4 templates. So you may still need to add in other positions too.

Regards, Mark.

OMG!

These are PRE configured layouts right? Layouts that assume my actual live site is running exactly like these layouts out of the box..

Is this then assuming that my CURRENT website has an unmodified layout? What happens to my CURRENT layout? Can that be converted yes or no? As you say it is not backwards compatible so what is the use of this feature?

If my current site is modified layout-wise, am I forced to create G5 layouts from scratch..?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED It pains me to write this

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
  • Re: SOLVED It pains me to write this

Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    • I am also in my second try! My troubles made me think about Apple and how OSX is so practical and intuitive! I am just fighting here with the rt_denali template. Took me more than one hour just to manage to change the site name! I installed the sampled site and can't find where to edit the slide show images and text. So, I went into Modules and turned off, one by one, all the Modules, trying to discover what Module controls slide show. None of them? Where is it!!! There is nothing intuitive about this! I can't believe there is no one inside your company able to put yourself in our shoes! I googled, I yahooed and could not find nothing that could help me steep by steep in a way that solve the most simple tasks! I am using Joomla for perhaps 15 years or more and I am really feeling down with Granty 5. If I am asking "how to change the pictures (including size) and text on the slide show of Denali template" I believe I should be able find an ease answer! No!!! Just using FTP to change the pictures do not give me the control I need!!! Should I also return to my beloved rt_lumiere and Granty 4? Please tell me you are going to seat and write a proper manual not with the nerds in mind? Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by celsobarbieri.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You will find it very beneficial to read the template docs here https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/denali/demo.md and also to read the Gantry 5 documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/ .

But to answer your question... on the layout of the "home" outline - edit the particle settings for the slider (see screenshot).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• You will find those settings inside the Gantry 5 component. This was the major change from Gantry 4 to Gantry 5. Once you figure this out, you will like Gantry 5 better. Like Mark said, look inside Gantry 5 component under the Layout area under the Homepage settings.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• Best wishes,
      Rae

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds