Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla/Extension updates fail to install

• SOLVED Joomla/Extension updates fail to install

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • I have tried to update my sites with the new release of Joomla, along with extension updates and I get the following error message

Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\Folder::create: Could not create folder.Path: /hermes/bosnaweb20a/b197/ipg.bushokai
      Update path does not exist.

This similar message is happening on the two sites I have and I'm running out of ideas. I have also tried to update 3 new installations (potential replacements of my current two sites) and they also fail.

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla/Extension updates fail to install

• Most likely your log or tmp paths are incorrect or are not writeable.

1. in global config check log and tmp paths
      2. look in system > system info > folder permissions and see if the folders are not writeable.
      3. Look in apache erro log and security log (it may be that mod_security is blocking access).

Correct your permission and/or paths using FTP.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Joomla/Extension updates fail to install

• Merry christmas, Mark!

Thank you for this quick reply. I just got up after working on this until 3:30 am this morning and got it fixed. It was the the logs and tmp path. I was able to reset this and all of the updates came through without any further problems.

Thanks again!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla/Extension updates fail to install

• You're very welcome. :) Merry xmas

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds