Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Upgrade to Joomla 4.1.2 failed

• SOLVED Upgrade to Joomla 4.1.2 failed

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • So I performed the upgrade to Joomla 4.1.2 this morning and it failed, spectacularly.

The frontend just gives a system 500 error, while the administrator side displays SOME partially rendered information - none of which does anything.

The error that I continue to get on the administrator end is Error: 9 Class 'JDispatcher' not found.

Not sure how to fix this, or even if it's salvageable at this point.

Fortunately, I have a full backup of the system using akeeba, but have never done a restore.

Help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Upgrade to Joomla 4.1.2 failed

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Upgrade to Joomla 4.1.2 failed

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• With your premier support, do you handle backup restorations?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Not really, no. It's really for diagnosing/fixing urgent matters.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• So I did the restore according to akeeba's instructions for using kickstart and it seemed to all go well.

Unfortunately, while part of the page is rendered, what I'm getting now on the frontend is "0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found".

And on the admin side is:

An error has occurred.
      Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found
      Return to console

Thoughts on how to proceed?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, that's not good. Have you by any chance changed PHP version too?

https://www.akeeba.com/support/site-restoration/34010:class-joomla-console-application-not-found.html

it sounds like you restored over the top of the updated site? you need to start with empty directory and database if you use kickstart.

Regards, Mark.

• Thanks. I had already started deleting the directory and dropped all the tables.

I did try upgrading PHP to the first version 8, but I was still getting the mbstring error, even though mbstring shows as being enabled.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I am saying you shouldn't update PHP until all the updates are working.

ok let me know how it goes.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds