Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 Mobile Menu / Windows Mobile

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Mobile Menu / Windows Mobile

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Denim is an optional Nokia Lumia specific update which is mostly Nokia software stuff... I still have the core 8.1 update 1 installed...

www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-81-update-1

It was just a personal decision not to do the optional update... I may still do it at some point...

But I don't see where the Denim update impacts the browser at all... which is what's important here...

Are you testing against our Demo? What version of Callisto and Gantry are you running?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Mobile Menu / Windows Mobile

• I have tested the latest dev version with hydrogen.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Your original thread was for Callisto... we certainly want to know about any Hydrogen issues at present as well...

would you mind testing against demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla/callisto/ on your device?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• I already tested that version constantly, issues 1 & 2 still exist.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Are you clearing out your phone's browser cache? The mobile menu should open and close at all levels for you
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Matt.

• Yep, I have cleared the IE cache.
      I understand that you need to ask all these basic procedures off users but might I be so bold as to reccommend that RT invests in a Windows Phone with that latest update for Testing purposes?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, I cleared some things up...

Lumia Cyan is the latest release for my phone, the Lumia 521 -- I cannot install Denim on my phone as it's not designed for it.

Lumia Denim is the latest release for larger processor phones, like your 1020

They are both however running the same core Windows Phone 8.1 Update (GDR) 1

They are actually different firmwares though... not strictly software/app updates... however, I couldn't find anything to suggest that the firmware responsible for internet browsing/IE11 is different between Cyan and Denim... the only differences I could find were in the Camera, Cortana, and the Glance Screen

This is just to update this thread... perhaps there is still something in Denim that could be in conflict with the browser... albeit I can't find what that might be though in any documentation.

• Hi Matt,
      Thanks for spending the time to investigate this further. Is RT positive this is not a css problem? If I am tapping the menu link to close and nothing happens the first thing I would think of is maybe there is a div or something on top of the mobile menu button while open, obscuring the link. Perhaps if you could point out where exactly the css for the menu is I might be able to relocate the button to see if it works somewhere else, like about an inch lower or in the footer.

Then if that were the case it would be the same on Cyan as it is for Denim, I hear you say...

If Cyan works flawlessly then it must be something to do with the Denim update. So how do we notify whoever it is at Windows to add a css fix in the next update, which probably won't be for a long long long while... :(
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• it's not flawless... I do see the staggering you've mentioned... but functionally, it works... it open/closes at both first and 2nd level for me...

Initally it wasn't working at all for me... a Javascript improvement was made by our devs which got it working for me at least... the ticket is still open for the staggered issue and the devs here are still investigating

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure where the scss/js for the mobile menu lives in G5... I haven't dug that deep into G5 just yet

With luck the final G5 stable release (5.0.0.0) will have added improvement for the mobile menu and hopefully resolve the issue... this thread is tied to our internal ticket so I wanted to update with info for our devs... I appreciate your testing and input as well :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Matt.

• I just want to be sure we are talking about the same issue when you mention:

"functionally, it works... it open/closes at both first and 2nd level for me.."

The menu links work for me too but the whole menu refuses to slide back to the left side when you tap the Menu Button. Reading the above sounds like you are talking about the 1st and 2nd level menu links that I have no current issues with?

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds