Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Adding Animate.css and wow.js to Callisto

• Re: Adding Animate.css and wow.js to Callisto

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Is there a reason I do not have an Atoms Particle section in my style..I am using Gantry 5 and I need to add some javascript to my site globally...this seems like the way to do it but I can follow all the setps since I do not see an Atoms section.

www.adtran.com/

Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Tom Patterson.
    • Tom Patrick Patterson
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Adding Animate.css and wow.js to Callisto

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Yes because Gantry was update quite a while ago to move atoms to the new "page settings" tab.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • edt23
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • In the page settings there is a custom css/js at the bottom with 2 items in it, do i add these files to that same atom or create a new atom? I am using galatea template on joomla.
      Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by edt23.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• edt23 - This tutorial was written quite a while ago and in the interim Gantry 5 has moved on and changes have been made.

I've now updated my screenshots and revised the instructions a little to make it clear that the atoms section is now on the "page settings" tab (rather than layout where is originally resided).

You can only have one custom CSS/JS atom. So if you have one already then you add the other items to that existing atom settings.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • edt23
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark!
      Can't seem to get it to work however. I see the files load in the front end, maybe I'm not applying the syntax properly, I am trying the same way it was done on iridiscent. Could you show me how to make the title fadeindown and discription fadeinup right on the front page of galatea where it says owel carusel slideshow?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• edt23 - Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • edt23
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• In addition to the fadein animation I can't seem to be able to change the text color - tried everything in the backend. Should I change this directly in css files?
      Also the text is not selectable on the owl carousel either - not that it's an issue but strange.
      Finally is there a way to disable sliding the images on desktop (when trying to go back one page in mac by sliding the images slide instead.
      Appreciate your help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• edt23- we're in danger of going off topic here now (thi sis a tutorial post after all). You've put a class name of "fadeinup" which is not correct it's "fadeInUp" (camelcase). I tried that in firebug and then it works. Look at the animate.css site to see and try the correct classes to use http://daneden.github.io/animate.css/ .

The text is not selectable in owlcarousel because it responds to swipe events so you can click and swipe with mouse to change slides.

Please raise further questions on Galatea and owlcoursel in the Galatea forum.

Regards, Mark.
    • edt23
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I still can't figure out where to add fadeInUp. Does it go in the section setting in the page layout in gantry? does it go in the particle in page layout in gantry? does it go in the module setting in the joomla modules? or css file? or even in the title with span?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You put it on the thing you want to animate... You can put it as a module class suffix on a module or as a class on particle settings - or as a class on section - basically wherever there's a class field you can put it there... don't forget that you have to put wow too.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds