Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • Hi,

I have inserted a "Joomla Article" particle in the Mainbar and Extension containers in the Layout Editor of the Callisto (v 1.4.2) template running on Joomla 3.9.1. When I try to specify the article that is to be displayed by the particles in each of those containers by clicking on the settings (cog wheel) icon, I get the following error message:

" Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_COMPILE_ERROR)
      Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\Object as Object because 'Object' is a special class name"

and the following code opens in libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Joomla/Category/Category.php:

<?php
      /**
      * @package Gantry5
      * @author RocketTheme www.rockettheme.com
      * @copyright Copyright (C) 2007 - 2017 RocketTheme, LLC
      * @license GNU/GPLv2 and later
      * www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
      */

namespace Gantry\Joomla\Category;

use Gantry\Framework\Gantry;
      use Gantry\Joomla\Object\Object;

class Category extends Object
      {
      static protected $instances = [];

static protected $table = 'Category';
      static protected $order = 'lft';

public function initialize()
      {
      if (!parent::initialize()) {
      return false;
      }

$this->params = json_decode($this->params);
      $this->metadata = json_decode($this->metadata);

return true;
      }

public function parent()
      {
      if ($this->alias != $this->path)
      {
      $parent = Category::getInstance($this->parent_id);
      }

What am I doing wrong?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

please give exact steps to reproduce.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Carl L..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That url does not seem correct ? I just get Server not found?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your outline layout has become corrupted some how... Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

I'll try and repair it, but it might be irepairably broken.

Regards, Mark.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for offering to fix the outline, Mark. As I have some backups and as little work has been done between them, I may be able to repeat that limited work on a backup without much inconvenience. It would be even better, of course, if I could just copy the file(s) related to that outline from a backup into the current version of the site. Is that documented somewhere (I could not find it in the Gantry 5 docs)?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, don’t copy files that’s too prone to mistakes,use the whole backup restore.

Regards, Mark.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I restored a number of backups, but unfortunately even the oldest backup that I could sensibly go back to suffers, when restored, from the same problem, i.e. the error message appears as soon as I try to specify the article in the settings control of the Joomla Articles particle... I remember that I had a similar problem in the past (it would have been with Joomla 3.8.13 or an earlier version), but because I did not have the time to report it, I skirted it... Can it be ruled out that this is not a problem in the Calisto template or even in Gantry 5?
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I just installed the Flux template v. 1.1.0 and when I tried to configure the settings for the default outline, I got the very same error! So, that would indicate that not the Callisto outline is corrupted, but that there is an underlying issue that goes beyond the templates... Strange...

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds