Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • I just tested a local rocketlauncher installation of both Callisto and Flux and both of them worked fine with the Joomla article particle.

I tried to look at your site again but now there is an additional login page preventing me looking (for which I don't have login details).

So, I believe the issue is with your site and not Gantry 5 or the Gantry 5 templates. It's a corruption somewhere that is breaking everything else. I offered to look for you with FTP but you have not provided an FTP login as yet.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED "Cannot use Gantry\Joomla\Object\.." when specifying particle settings

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. You callisto template is out of date on v1.4.2 whn latest is actually 1.5.0 so you need to update this to latest.

2. All you file and folder permissions are wrong (probably because you are using apache2handler rather than cgi/FastCGI. I did trying adding the FTP details to global configuration as this is usually the way around this issue. But now the site no longer works at all. I tried to correct the configuration.php file using FTP but the account given (the same on used in global config) does not have permission to change that file either.

So basically you need to resolve all these permission issue with your hosting company.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nothing, absolutely nothing, is going to work whilst all those directories are unwriteable (specifically tmp and log directories). So, there is no point in me looking at anything else until that is resolved and your Callisto template has been brought up to latest version.

I have my own Callisto local installs working on latest PHP and Gantry and template and it all works fine, so the issue is with your site.

I told you exactly what I changed - I did not delete anything at all. Use the FTP account that you gave me and try to save a file in filezilla (or whatever FTP program that you use) and you will see that you cannot save any file or update any file. I need an FTP account that works.

I can see that you have Gantry 5.4.19 installed on that site - that WILL NOT work on latest PHP versions - you need to update it to v5.4.27 - this is the most likely reason for the error message you are getting.

Regards, Mark.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I apologise, your FTP-account was indeed configured incorrectly - that's why you did not have write access. I have done a new installation of the test site updated Gantry and Callisto to the latest version and it works. Your instructions to update Gantry and Callisto evidently did the trick. I rely on the alerts in the Control Panel to let me know when there are new updates to extensions (incl. Gantry 5), but I am evidently not getting any for Gantry 5 - is there a way of activating them?
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• In fact this issue was purely attributable to the fact that the Gantry 5 version was 5.4.19 instead of 5.4.27. On another copy of the site I carried out the upgrade (without upgrading the template) and that solved the problem... I just wish that this had become apparent at a much earlier stage, when you accessed the site as an admin... Anyhow, I'll now close the ticket, as it is resolved.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds