Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Beauty salon site using SolarSentinel

• Beauty salon site using SolarSentinel

Posted 14 years 9 months ago
    • Just a simple beauty salon site, integrated Virtuemart using the Minxx VM theme. Still a bit to clean up here and there but basically live, front page it to be redesigned yet should be finished mid June 09.

Anyway here it is www.lemontree.net.au
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Beauty salon site using SolarSentinel

• Simple.....? Huge amount of content....

Have some friends or coworkers click through the site to proof the copy.

Some color choices for fonts are a bit hard to read, e.g., the 'Sitemap' menu and the bottom of the page.... 'Lemon Tree beauty salon luxurious treatments', etc..

If you need help with changes please post in the Solar Sentinel forum.
    • Thanks,
      jim
  • Re: Beauty salon site using SolarSentinel

• Thank you for your comments, I will change the bottom link colour and go through the content again for typos.

Yes there is a bit of content and growing weekly, but as they say content is king and all helps with market penetration.

Also with the integration of an on-line store you would know how hard it can be to achieve market reach and again the content helps a lot in gaining exposure within the market.

On our salon side of things we are already page 1 for all our main targeted keywords in our niche market, so yay too that.
      Thanks again for your comments..

E
    • DianaRae
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Very nice site. Very easy to read.

I did want to point out to you that on this link:

www.lemontree.net.au/our-no-children-and-no-men-policy.html

The statement:
      Everyone loves children but sometimes it is nice to have a little piece, and really the same goes for you men as well

Peace is misspelled. I thought you might want to know.
    • Last Edit: 14 years 9 months ago by DianaRae.
    • Diana Rae
      *I was a blond in my past life - please be patient*

• Hi Diana, thanks for the kind words and pointing out the typo, seems no matter how often things are read you always seem to miss bits and pieces here and there :)

Cheers
      E
    • Pimmar
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Emma,

the site looks good and clean;

a question:
      how did you implement the background image ? page-bg.png :o

• Cheers PJEM, the background is a little clumsy as it is just a single image background 1600x1200 so hence it changes depending on screen resolution.
      There are better ways to achieve the same result that is not resolution dependant, and we will be doing that soon, and will post the CSS changes.

Cheers

E
    • Pimmar
    • Rocketeer

• In the past i have also done similar in Replicant template, but that option for background image was already in place in the template, would be nice how to do it on this new template as I intend ti use it within soon, thanks 8)

• We just modified the standard page background that is in the templates/rt_solarsentinel_j15/images/background/white

E

Posted 14 years 7 months ago
    • Can someone do me a favour and open my site www.lemontree.net.au on their mac with Safari and let me know if it is rendering properly please.

I have tried on both my macs and it seems very broken but is fine on firefox on mac and pc fine on ie 7 and 8 So I am not sure if I have a strange cache issue or if it actually is broken in Safari.

Thank you in advance.

E

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds