Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

• Exirtis

SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • After installing version 2.5 of MissionControl I noticed that some of the template's settings were no longer being applied. Investigating, I found that when I alter a good number of the settings there is nothing to indicate that they were changed.

Here's what works for me:
      • Changing the Header Logo
      • Changing colors (all except 'Special BG' and 'Special Text' tested)
      • Component Blacklist selections
      So far as I could tell, everything else doesn't respond to settings changes—every other radial button, dropdown, and text field.

The thing that made me notice this in the first place was the 'Menu Width,' which had reverted to the 'Small' setting, though I'd had it set to 'Large' for the longest time. I'm not sure if any other settings reverted to their default values or not because I think I'd left most of them as they came, that and because I can't remember what the default settings are.

Of course I've gone through standard troubleshooting steps such as clearing my cache, but I've also tried it out in different browsers, including browsers in which I'd never visited the Joomla back-end before.

It just occurred to me that I haven't tried uninstalling MissionControl and reinstalling it. I'll go ahead and try that. I'll update this with the results once I have.
    • Last Edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Exirtis.
  • Re: SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

• I to am seeing this issue with the latest update and on a fresh install.
    • Exirtis

Re: SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

• Okay, so... uninstalling hasn't worked out too well for me. I got this error and, unfortunately, I'm not getting anything else but this error—on front- and back-end. I'm glad I was properly cautious and backed everything up before trying this out... and that I'm not testing this on the live site. :wink:

Here's the error (some of my path information, ***, removed for security):
      Warning: require_once(***/htdocs/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ***/htdocs/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '***/htdocs/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in ***/htdocs/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13
      Note: The second I changed missioncontrol.php to missioncontrol.php.bak, the error went away and I could browse the site – front- and back-end – again.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• When I change the Dashboard text, it is not changed as well.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • danglen

• I manually updated the templateDetails.xml file and changed the defaults and it works.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Can you edit the rt_missioncontrol/lib/rtparameter.php class and change the class definition to:
      class RTParameter extends JParameter

I had made some compatibility updates by moving this to JRegistry, Seems that was not working 100%, until i resolve it this should be a quick fix.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• With that edit, the settings are now working, at least the ones I've checked.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
  • Re: SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

• Thanks for the quick fix Andy :)
    • Exirtis

• That works great Andy. Thanks!
    • Exirtis

• With the release of MissionControl 2.6, I'm marking these issues as solved (since all of them are, as far as I can tell).

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds