Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

• Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • The backend update of MissionControl 2.5 to 2.6 gives all kinds of errors. Upload update works correctly.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Exirtis

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • topwebs wrote:
      The backend update of MissionControl 2.5 to 2.6 gives all kinds of errors. Upload update works correctly.
      Hmm... my own update experience came after I uninstalled 2.5 (as documented above) and reinstalled it. Subsequent to that, I too used the backend update, though it worked fine for me.

I wonder if the uninstall & reinstall made the difference for me not getting errors, or whether the errors were something peculiar to your environment...
  • Re: SOLVED MissionControl 2.5 – Not updating settings changes

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • I'm having a similar problem with 2.6, but I've never been able to get color changes to "stick". The attached screenshot shows no color in the header, making the menu hard to use. The change mentioned above is already applied in 2.6. Any ideas? This is a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.4 and MissionControl 2.6. I have 2 other admin themes in which I can save changes.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • There's a couple of things here:

1) is saving the settings.. and use the correct saved settings. This was addressed in 2.6

2) Saving the colors in the colors to the rt_missioncontrol/css/color-vars.php

From the looks of the last screenshot, it appears the colors are not being saved. I would look at the file and see if it's got the correct values. eg:
      <?php 
      $body_text_color="#333333";$body_link_color="#4486BA";$header_bg_color="#333333";$header_text_color="#CCCCCC";$header_link_color="#FFFFFF";$header_shadow_color="#000000";$tab_bg_color="#4D4D4D";$tab_text_color="#FFFFFF";$special_bg_color="#C62D2D";$special_text_color="#FFFFFF";$active_bg_color="#4F9BD8";$active_text_color="#FFFFFF";$hover_bg_color="#88B719";$hover_text_color="#FFFFFF";

If the there are valid colors in there, then they were saved correctly during the parameter save process. next is to try to load the colors.css.php file via the browser:

yoursite.com/administrator/templates/rt_...l/css/colors.css.php

This should display a valid css file with colors rather than php variables.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds