0 items Join Now

Joomla 3.0

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • SB,

Actually, with RT, I've been able to get lazy with, templates, joomla, markup languages...and whatnot...I'm getting into apps...Red Foundry is something I'm looking into as a sort of RT for mobile Apps...just can't wrap myself around the idea of missing out on $5k - $10k for app development...with Red Foundry I can save templates and tweak as I need too...it will help me wrap my mind around IOS and Android App Development...and Windows...also...apps tend to need to be updated more often than sites...$$$...

Something new to learn...make money...

RT lets me pump a site out in a couple days and focus on SEO...that's where my big money is...not an expert yet...but my Kungfu is pretty strong...the system I've developed the past two years is massively paying off for my clients.

Mission Control was one of the "hooks" that got me using RT back in the day...sad they let it lapse this long...good marketing strategy...dominate the front and the backend and people won't leave...but, maybe their absence will open up competition...that's always good.

Yeah, I used hotdog and that horrible adobe program for a day at most...I had a client back in 1999 that would open his site on the server with adobe and adobe would jack everything and autosave, then he'd call me...I would be like, "USE YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW THE SITE..." He never got that I was doing html tricks to get things to look the way he wanted them to look...Adobe didn't understand...and they probably still don't...I can't even remember what the name for that program was...wasn't dreamweaver was it...?

Ultraedit was and is a great editor...anymore I just use notepad...haven't had need of a hex-editor in years...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Why isn't Mission Control listed in RocketTheme Joomla Templates Compatibility Matrix? Could we have some official word whether it is scheduled to be updated for Joomla 3.0 or is it being abandoned? Which ever the decision is, please update the matrix with the information. I vote to update Mission Control for J3.0.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• TW,

Yeah either way...yes or no...that would be nice...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
  • Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 10 years 10 months ago
    • I have stubled across this thread and have a couple of sites running on J2.5, Id like to try out the Mission Control, is it as simple as downloading and putting in place?

Im nit an expert :-)

Posted 10 years 10 months ago
    • Its ok, Ive just sorted it and so far (in the two minutes ive looked at it) Its pretty :-)

Posted 10 years 9 months ago
    • Any chance someone official could give us an update on Mission Control for Joomla 3+. We are feeling a bit abandoned.

BTW, I think J3 should officialy be considered mature now. We are into several updates.

• Any chance someone official could give us an update on Mission Control for Joomla 3+. We are feeling a bit abandoned.

BTW, I think J3 should officialy be considered mature now. We are into several updates.
    • Ben Simon
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-time web developer

• No updates right now. Kind of sitting in the same place as we were before. Biggest reason is that other projects are taking priority over MC.
    • B e courteous to staff and members that volunteer their time helping you
      E ssential Tool - FireBug
      N ever assume I know what version you're talking about

S earch the forum for a solution first
      I nclude a link to the problem
      M ark your resolved issues as [SOLVED]
      O nly PM moderators if they request it first
      N o...

• I hope it's not because it's free that Mission Control is not getting the love.

As a newbie it was the single most important extension that made Joomla bearable, and as result I signed up here for a period, so it generated you some money.

The "same place as we were before" was 7 months or so in the past - does that mean nothing similar is coming this year ?
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Andy, just read your mid-year report, great stuff. Sorry to not hear anything about Mission Control. As a web design shop, we have put all clients on Mission Control from the start. So, to the clients, Mission Control is how Joomla looks in the backend. We cannot move anyone on to Joomla 3.x, as Mission Control is not updated. A bit mystifying to me why it doesn't seem apparent to RT that Mission Control is pretty important to web designers clients. I, for one, would appreciate a roadmap, with estimated ETA for things like this. Even if you miss a milestone every once in a while, at least, we would know you were working on it.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds