Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla 3.0

• Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • I'd definitely love to see MC available for J!3. 8)
    • Gene Page
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Joomla 3.0

• Omikron
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Is there any place we can see the status of this?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Omikron wrote:
      Is there any place we can see the status of this?

Nope.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • Omikron
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • prim wrote:
      Nope.

Sweet.

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • Yeah, pretty disappointed. Many of the things that were called-out as being higher priority have been released. So what's the reason now?
    • Christopher Ambler
      https://bit.parts
    • marinus
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • well i like it to, and i was surprised to see there isnt a 3.0 version. The template is a free thing so i think thats the problem.
    • Subscribed to Joomla + PhpBB template group.
    • techgal
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I would just like to weigh in on this subject with my two cents.

I love Rockettheme products and I am not going to abandon them just because Mission Control is not available for 3.0 yet.

That being said, I really, really, really, do not want to develop Joomla 3.0 sites without the efficiency of the Mission Control template. I have been avoiding using the Joomla 3.0 version, hoping that a new Mission Control would make my life easier. (Because it does currently figure prominently in my deployment of websites and how I help my clients get around in their website backends.) I am hoping that a new Mission Control template version appears before the Joomla 3.5 version appears and I have to abandon Joomla 2.5x.

I am willing to pay for a non-free version. If it were offered as a separate club template, I would gladly pay for it. I think multiple other developers would, too. In light of the fact that Rockettheme has announced changing the prices for subscriptions and offering stand-alone templates, I think this would be a candidate for that option. I hope Mission Control might receive that consideration.

Thank you for the great templates!

• I completely agree! I have also held back on Joomla 3.0 for exactly the same reason. My customers are accustomed to using Mission Control and if I update their sites they would not be able to use them any more.

So... I'm missing out on a huge opportunity to charge for upgrades/updates to. Joomla and would happily pay for an updated Mission Control.
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• RT Community,

I started this thread way back...gave up on Mission Control way back and moved on. I noticed despite my best efforts, clients still refused to pay attention, learn, or be proactive with their sites. I still get calls after someone messes up something...where they turn off ROKpad for another editor, scrub code...then believe I should fix it for free...

Mission Control is cool...I loved setting up a profile and it was set across sites with just an email...what would be cool is on the back end where you need to verify your subscription, you could set the rocket launcher or pull a set of setup parameters from your rocket account...you know the basic crap you spend 30 minutes setting up...I would love that...you put your subscription info in on the update page...and walla...all your normal settings...allowing you to move on...saving time...

At my work I manage 8 school campuses...I streamlined many of our paper processes and digital processes...we were able to automate normal data input items with a program called Skyward...it saved us thousands of man hours over last year...the little stuff ads up...Mission Control was helpful like that...giving us time back...

Unlike the poster above...I really don't want to pay more...lol...Mission Control was what really inspired me with Joomla...it was very awesome...and I used to send friends here just for this tool...

All-in-all...I've gotten used to 3.0 and would love a new Mission Control...but I'm prepared if it never comes...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds