• Elite Rocketeer

Re: Joomla Vs Wordpress

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • xtianus
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      Sorry but...what on earth are you talking about?

In summary, your opinions are over the top for a normal person wanting to build a website aspect.
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• xtianus
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      Maybe, but there are lots of different types of people on here. Take a chill pill dude.

sorry, but you asked
    • rikatos
    • Rocketeer

• damn, that killed the interesting debate dead !
  • Re: Joomla Vs Wordpress

• Hi Richard,

Unfortunately this is what happens when people get attacked for taking time out of their day to make a post that will hopefully help others. I know that this chap has apologized for blatantly being rude and over the top, but it puts like minded people such as myself off from making an effort.

For that I am sorry to those that wanted to maybe ask some questions further of what some of these plugins can do, or the difference between a certain plugin from something that Joomla has.
    • The following users have thanked you: Adam Baroumand

• rikatos
    • Rocketeer

• Well, for me, It has inspired me to look at Wordpress once again. I am in the Joomla 'camp' (as such) for a few years now and found Wordpress quite painful at the time. But I am now looking at it freshly , downloaded the latest, installed wp ecommerce and actually quite enjoying it, so lets hope for another tool in my toolbox! If it gets the job done with the least amount of headache for my end user when I hand it over it wins, regardless of the platform (IMHO of course!).

So I thank you anyway ;)

• Richard,

This is great news, please feel free to contact me if you are not sure what or how to do something. Been using WPEC for awhile now, and it just gets better. Version 4 will be out soon which is a rewrite, and has great new features coming. Right now I have the latest beta branch to test ride, and wow!! Variations are incredible. I have been playing with Woocommerce lately on a shop I am building with 2500 products and 160+ categories.. seems no problem so far, and so easy for the store manager to use. To me that is the main thing for the end user to find it intuitive.
      :)

• I would love to see Rocket Themes come up with an advanced WPEC theme as well as possibly a WooCom theme for WP.
    • Kathy Rose
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Freelance web development and design

• Well, for me, It has inspired me to look at Wordpress once again.

Me too, actually. I have a little time between projects right now and so I'm giving Wordpress another whirl, because of the enthusiasm for it expressed here in this thread. I would really love to be proficient in both platforms.

One question--are there post editors to replace the extremely barebones post editor in Wordpress? In Joomla I always install JCE for editing. My clients like it and so do I.
    • Kathy
      KT Web Design
      developing Joomla websites in the sweet, sunny South

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds