0 items Join Now

JoomlaCloner

JoomlaCloner

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: JoomlaCloner

• i have found the most effective way to backup is to do it manually. it also makes me feel better.

the thing with buying a tool to do it is when a new version of joomla comes out the tool sometimes has to be updated before working again.

manual backup isn't the pretiest or easiset but in my opinion it is the most effective
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• damo: How would I do it manually? Drag all my files in my server onto a new folder on my desktop?
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• it depends on your set up. the most important thing to backup, again in my opinion is your database and if you've got a host that gives you phpMyAdmin then it's quite simple.

the site (joomla files etc.) can just be done by copying via ftp.

who is your host or waht is your setup and i'll point you in the right direction ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• My host is GoDaddy. I don't know what my setup is?
  • Re: JoomlaCloner

• * When I move my Joomla from my local server into webhost, I just simply go to phpmyadmin of my local server and backup(EXPORT) the Joomla database. Backup also all your joomla files.

* Then in your web server, copy your backup files and create a new database.

* The last step is, in your phpmyadmin of your webserver, chose the new Joomla database, then IMPORT your backup database.

However, if I am wrong or there is a better way, please correct me.

Thank you
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by .
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Steve Nguyen wrote:
      My host is GoDaddy. I don't know what my setup is?

Go into your Admin Comtrol Panel at GoDaddy and look for a MYPHP link - that is where you do the copying of your database(s). (a critical step in backing up)

Cheers!
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!
  • Re: JoomlaCloner

• Roland Deschain wrote:
      Steve Nguyen wrote:
      My host is GoDaddy. I don't know what my setup is?

Go into your Admin Comtrol Panel at GoDaddy and look for a MYPHP link - that is where you do the copying of your database(s). (a critical step in backing up)

Cheers!
      This really depends on if you used the Godaddy one click install .......... that is what I did at first, if you did then you have no access to the database. I went back and did a complete reinstall for both Joomla! and SMF; ugh!
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I did what Arifin was talking about (used PHPMyAdmin) and it worked the first time. Very easy. Of course I had to figure out the 'priviledges'. After that, it was a piece of cake!

I was trying out the application called Joomla Server, so I exported my database from PHPMyAdnmin. The ease at which PHPMyAdmin worked has made me rethink whether I want to spend any bucks on Joomla Cloner. Granted, it's a neat component, but I really guess I don't need it now. Sorry Joomla Cloner - maybe drop the price?

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Julz

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • >>This really depends on if you used the Godaddy one click install .......... that is what I did at first, if you did then you have no access to the database.<<
      but they will provide the SQL backup file for you if you ask them.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds