Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

JoomlaCloner

• Re: JoomlaCloner

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • damo wrote:
      it depends on your set up. the most important thing to backup, again in my opinion is your database and if you've got a host that gives you phpMyAdmin then it's quite simple.

the site (joomla files etc.) can just be done by copying via ftp.

who is your host or waht is your setup and i'll point you in the right direction ...

Damo or anyone else,

I know how to backup my site manually, but I don't know what to do with the files when my site crashes (or I make another dumb mistake).

Could you give me a little step by step instruction on how to recover my site with my backup?

I have harpooned my sites a few times even when I switched servers and just started over...lots of pointless hours. :'(

Thanks...and no laughing at me :D

Cheers,

Mike

• whatever happened to Big Ape backup ? ???
    • ++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start

• Good topic, I've been thinking about backup.

I can honestly say that I haven't been backing up my sites, bad plan I know but I guess it's because I'm lazy! I've done it manually a couple of times and have used that method to transfer between hosts/domains and it's pretty simple using phpMyAdmin/ftp.

The only grumble I've got with doing it manuallly is that it does take a few steps and I always get the config messed up at least once when transferring. Also if you've got a few sites the time taken to backup them all will mean you don't do it as often as you should!

I've been meaning to get JoomlaCloner for a while now as it can automate the backup and ftp the .tar to a secure place of your choice - just the ticket to overcome my laziness! It also has the ability to automatically (with a little help no doubt ;)) update the config file to suite the new surroundings if you use it to move hosts.

I'll buy it on monday and use it through the week, I'll update you all with my findings...

Tom.

Re: JoomlaCloner

• Nang
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Leslie Danks wrote:
      whatever happened to Big Ape backup ? ???

Be careful, last time I check joomla security forum... Big Ape Backup was on the list. Not sure now... (maybe the developer has updated/patched it to be more secure).

cheers,

• I've been using Cloner for three months now, and I like it.
      Ease of use, 'set it and forget it', and it really works. Putting back a copy on the home machine with only a few clicks.

damo wrote:
      the thing with buying a tool to do it is when a new version of joomla comes out the tool sometimes has to be updated before working again.

Quite true; but still....

Regards,

Ton
    • Red
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I found manualy is best, it isn't that hard....

Copy DB Save as SQL with only Table structure and data...leave the rest blank...

Copy Files to wherever you need Or simply do a backup...Upload to server and unzip....(If you can)

If not use fantastico, (If you can) and just dump the files you do need...

Restore backup (If that feature permits 100 mb or more...)

Dump SQL

Done....

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds