Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla or Mambo

• Re: Joomla or Mambo

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • 4 out of 5 sites Joomla, one Mambo 4.5.2 waiting for SMF 1.1 Final before I upgrade this one.
    • VirtueShop

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Im still using mambo for my client sites...having used mambo since its inception and trying joomla since its, just to lazy to change over. Im a little concerned about the future when componants modules and yes templates are not compatible between the 2 But thats the future theory and not today...I guess whatever clients are on mambo now will stay on mambo, and if I decide to start using joomla for new ones then that will be for new clients unless the old want to pay for the change over. Honestly I have too many clients to even contemplate converting them all!

I can already see though being I always have the newest version of both on test servers for my play time that they are now starting to merge away from each other where as once apart from the name there was not much difference...how 12 months changes things!
    • Don't think, Feeeeel... It is like a finger pointing to the moon. (slap) Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.

• I haven't looked at Mambo since August 2005. I just got going well with Mambo in early 2005, and I read a post somewhere that the dev team moved on....and so did I. I've been stalking that rhuk guy for awhile now... :o I have all my sites running Joomla! now.

Joomla! rules!

Mike
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Joomla or Mambo

• Interesting links. Looks like they're trying to do a re-build...of a dev team..

About the site rankings: Like my grandma used to say "the proof's in the pudding" :D

Mike
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Cubfan wrote:
      Mine is in Mambo right now, with lots of stuff, community builder, etc. How much of an effort would it take to move it to Joomla, and what would be involved?

Do a Google Search for 'Mambo to Joomla'. You should find a Joomla.org page on how to migrate from one to the other. It worked for me.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• BTW, 7 sites on Joomla 1.0.11. Started with Mambo on September 2004.

PLUS - I have loaded onto all 7 the 'Minted One Point Five' admin template!

dave
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by .
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• all joomla now
      and playing with e107 for fun
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds