Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Help us finish RokBridge!

• Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Help us finish RokBridge!

Posted 16 years 19 hours ago
    • GollumX wrote:

And did Johan suddenly demand more after he realized people were donating? Earlier it could be finished for $1000, but has since jumped to $2500. ???

I wasn't going to say, but since you did, I, too, thought moving the proverbial goal posts was bit...odd.

I also thought that perhaps offer free access to old SMF template area or other 'give-aways' from RT for a "chip-in."

I really liked the bubble tool-tip thing-a-ma-jing and other extensions once advertised on RokWerx...would gladly chip-in a little more for a few downloads, too! ...so many ways to raise money with the outstanding products RT has offered in the past, outside of their core revenue stream of monthly templates.

...food for thought, perhaps.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Posted 16 years 19 hours ago
    • No great mystery. We have had experience with donations with joomla. to say that joomla donations was disappointing would be a gross understatement. If you total up how many joomla users there are that benefit from the hard work of the developers that made it, you would expect the donations to be huge, but it took a LONG time to even get $1000 donated. So we thought $1000 was a modest but reachable goal. When we had reached $750 in a couple of hours, we were shocked and realized that $2500 was a much more sensible goal, and quite frankly would pay for more time to be allocated to the project.
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 16 years 18 hours ago
    • Thanks for the insight, Andy; coming from the DNN world, I was surprised to find out the struggles of the Joomla mothership in raising much-needed funds. Over on the other side of the asp.net fence, DNN has different levels of sponsorship - ranging from bronze to platinum (which is an amazing $15K/year) - each offering a host of benefits to each potential donor.

Perhaps Joomla could/should borrow from their model and start offering perks that incentivize (that's a Bush word :) ) the whole support structure and make in each developer/commercial user's interest to give to the cause....the DNN corp is surely not hurting for funding/support. :)

...lots of ad placement, a marketplace, booth space at conferences, PR/traffic, access to upcoming core code changes before it hits the streets, et al...

Nonetheless, so long as I "Joomla," I will be supporting the RT cause on a yearly basis. :) Once I am a "pro" with this platform and actually produce my 3 sites, I'll up my ante. :)

Good stuff, sir; thanks for the insight.
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • I just found this thread and will be making a donation shortly. Thank you for this great project!
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I tried the 'Contact Image,' but that puts the image up top in the contact area.

...but no other way to do this? Perhaps there's a content wrapper that allows side-by-side stuff placed in the content area at the page level? I'd like to put my sitemap graphic next to the sitemap, etc, etc...
  • Re: Help us finish RokBridge!

• As I said on the Chipin site when I donated the other day, this is not something I would probably use, but if Andy Miller says it needs to be done, that's good enough for me!
      Keep up the good work.
    • Ed Detlie
      www.detlielawfirm.com
      www.joomlawyer.org
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I 'chiped-in' more so because I like the widget and plan to use it on a site of mine, given I have been struggling to find a meter-type of donation extension that shows a nice sliding scale. ;)

...think I am going to go with PHPBB3, so I'll chip-in more on payday.

So has the ETA been halved with double the amount originally soliicited being doubled? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :)
    • CG Icon
    • Hero Rocketeer

• just saw this thread .... will be chippin when I get home

will be well worth it !!,, think about it Rocketeers,, Joomla will finally have a pro level board that moves into the future hand in hand with its design future... there are no other real PRO solutions out there or any other PRO bridges for that matter.

Chip in today!!!
    • Marcus
    • Rocketeer

• Money is tight for me at the moment. Look for my donation in about two weeks.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds