Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Ken Nunes
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

Posted 16 years 10 months ago
    • Jon,

I know that this does not answer the question you ask....

I have to admit that I have not maintained this post, or responded to the questions asked for some time, although other Rock Mates have done a great job doing this.

Since the initial post in February 2006, I have discovered another way of creating Split Level (thanks to my good friend Waseem at Shacks), which is by far the best way….and it is an Out of the Box Solution from Joomla!. I have been meaning to explain this for such a long time…..so here goes…

WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE:

1. I have a horizontal top menu (as a FIRST LEVEL) and I want my sub menu items to appear in the vertical position.

1.1 CREATE A TOP HORIZONTAL MENU in the normal way.....
      1.2 After this, Go to MENU then MENU MANAGER and click NEW.....this will create a new MENU MODULE
      1.3 When saved, this will immediately open the new MENU MODULE in the menu position and also in the MODULE AREA.
      By this I mean…..when you start a new Joomla!, you will have (in the MENU AREA) the standard Mainmenu, Othermenu, Topmenu and Usermanu….if you have added a New Menu (as described in 1.2 above) called say HOME, you will see that there is now an additional item in this area called HOME.
      1.4 Now…..go to MODULES – SITE MODULES…..and you will see that a new module was also been created called HOME…..this is not published…..do so….
      1.5 You can now create content into the new HOME MENU…..exactly as you would your normal menu…..test it….put some components like Contact, Search, etc….
      1.6 You will need to add this new HOME MENU to your MAIN MENU…..do this in the normal way…..
      1.7 Publish this..... go to the website (front office) and pick up the link from your LEFT (or RIGHT) SIDE MENU….
      1.8 Return to ADMIN AREA....open MENU > TOP MENU …..create a LINK URL….and paste the link to this….
      1.9 Go again to MODULE…..you will need to publish where you want to see this MENU….eg in TOP MENU publish on HOME and on the ITEMS IN THE NEW HOME MENU….
      1.10 Refresh to Front Office.... you will see that when you click Home your SPLIT LEVEL HOME MENU will appear….and obviously when you leave home, it will not….
      1.11 NOTE: In some templates, the top menu is automatically published from MAIN MENU….if this is the case, you don’t have to worry about Item 1.8…..

You may have to play around with this to get the hang of it…..but it really is GREAT….

Also, in some templates, you can create a third level in the menu area or an INSET….

I hope that this also helps my fellow ROCKER…..

Ken
  • Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

Posted 16 years 6 months ago
    • Hi. Thank you for the information about the menus. I've created a splitmenu with items that are children to parent topics. This splitmenu appears on the left (in bentobox). But there are some items that are off the parent that I don't want the splitmenu to appear at all. How can I turn it off? I am using amazon astores and need the full width of my template without any sidebars at all, but I need to link the astores off of a main menu item on the top tabs. Any suggestions?

(site is here, though it's not live yet: www.pizzaanyone.com - click on Fans and then England and Wales Cricket Board off the left sidebar (which is the splitmenu. I need the link to go to a full-width as you can see, the site in the wrapper doesn't fit.)

• Like so many before me I tried to follow your article step by step, but it appears that my Joomla 1.0.13 installation does not have a "table-content category" in the mainmenu->new area?
      I am sure I am doing something stupidly wrong but I can't figure out what it is - could you give me a hint?

Thanks

Thomas
    • Ken Nunes
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SplitMenu/SuckerFish/SuperSuck​er configuration help

• Hey Thomas..

Do you not see this when you open a new item in the main menu:

BROKEN LINK REMOVED

Look at the bottom...

This is a grab of 1.12 but I am sure it's the same on 1.13..

ken
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.

Posted 16 years 3 months ago
    • When I try to edit the menu I get this?????

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/unitedal/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/toolbar.menus.html.php on line 92

Please help, as I created a nice site but this is ruining it because I can no longer edit the main menu

• Increase your memory in php.ini to a larger number than 8M such as 32M
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• Where is this file located and how?

Sorry I'm new at this

• It varies from host to host, ask your hoster about it.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • Tom and Ben wrote:
      We've now implemented this using Extended Menu - de.siteof.de/extended-menu.html

As noted elsewhere, the standard of documentation is appaling and you'll want to re-write all the CSS as the examples are 'basic' to say the least, but you can implement what was mentioned above using multiple instances of the menu module.

It includes the ability to 'split' at a specified level within the hierarchy, and can have different style sheets defined for the different areas of menus. To install this on most of the RocketTheme modules, you need to specify 'module' in the menu settings at the top of the template HTML page, then set your main Extended Menu module to appear in the 'Toolbar' module position.

Hope that helps.
      Hi Thanks for your post. I tired that, but my problem is that I cant see any "Toolbar" poistion in my template, which is Media Mogul template. please help me.
      Thanks

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds