Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokGallery module doesn't work

• iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

RokGallery module doesn't work

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Hi I have a RokGallery extension which is not working when I want to add a gallery to a module. Anyone can help ? Thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokGallery module doesn't work

• 1. Rokgallery is now a legacy extension (has been for some time) which means that we no longer support it.
      2. I don't know what Gantry version, joomla version, or template version you are trying to use either so I can;t really comment further anyway.
      3. Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a quick look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Seeing that you have hundreds of rokgallery modules you are going to have to give me more information.

Which rokgallery module ID is not working?
      On which page (menu item) is this module supposed to be showing?
      What gallery are you trying to use?
      What is the error you are getting?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I want to create a new rokgallery module. And add a gallery to it. But it is not working.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So I was able to create a rokgallery module without issue called "RT TEST" so not sure why it's not working for you.

I did notice errors in the browser console though (which may make break some browsers - so try a different browser - I used firefox).

Be aware though that rokgallery uses flash (which is no longer available) - so that's why we retired the extension and no longer support it.

Regards, Mark.
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I see.... I will try again. What other module can I use if RokGallery is no longer available ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Well, I also notice you are using Gantry 4 and Myriad template. Really you should be considering moving to Gantry 5 now (and a new template probably even though we do have a Gantry 5 version of Myriad). I say this because G4 is coming to the end of it's life too now that Joomla 4 has been released. G4 will NOT be made to work on Joomla 4. Joomla have announced that they will only support J3 for two years after the release of J4 - so the clock it ticking for you to make the move anyway.

There is no migration path from G4 to G5 though - you effectively have to start over. OInce on G5 we have a number of "particles" which can offer similar functionality to rokgallery and roksprocket. We will not be releasing any other extensions. All our development effor now goes into Gantry 5, the templates, and GRAV.

Regards, Mark.
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Ok maybe best is to go for a Wordpress site
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I try with firefox and it still not working. Can't understand why.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds