Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokGallery module doesn't work

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokGallery module doesn't work

Posted 2 years 1 month ago
    • Whether you move to Gantry 5 or not is irrelevant. Whether you move or don't move it's rokgallery that is no longer support for either of the platforms. There's is nothing wrong with you sticking with Gantry 4 and just finding a replacement third-party extension that works on your Gantry 4 site - look on JED there are plenty of alternatives.

What I will say though is that Gantry 4 and it's templates are also nearing end of life. Gantry 4 and it's templates will not work on Joomla 4. Joomla have said they will only support Joomla 3 for about another 18 months. So, it at some point in the next 18 months you will need to move to Joomla 4, in order to be able to do that with an RT template you will need to be using Gantry 5 and a Gantry 5 template. Do do that, you will effectively need to redevelop your site. At the point that you do that you can either to choose to use one of our Gantry 5 particles for gallery functionality, or use a third-party particle, or use a third-party extension.

I understand your disappointment but we don't control Adobe or Joomla - the decisions are out of our hands and all we can do is react accordingly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • iba
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• But it is not easy to take now a new third part component. It will change my new articles. Website will not be homogeneous.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Not sure what bearing a third-party gallery as opposed to rokgallery has on your articles? all you're doing is replacing one extension with another. Either way, there's nothing more I can add - it is what it is.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds