Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 ready for Joomla 4.0 upgrade?

• jayjayr
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 ready for Joomla 4.0 upgrade?

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Rae,
      Thank you for the your precision and concern.
      That was what I wanted to mean - The work of changing the sites that have templates under gantry 4 to templates gantry 5.
      Regards,
      Jay
    • Trying to learn something every day
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • You can upgrade either a Gantry 4 or Gantry 5 site to J3.10.1 and won't have any issues with our products (assuming on latest versions). Remember though that I can't speak for any third-party products you may have installed - you need to check those out for yourself.

Gantry 5.5 is not yet released (there are test versions available but they do have bugs) - as such it should NOT be used on a production site.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • duplicate, in response to another member
    • Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Jeff S. Reason: made in error
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

• Rae French wrote:
      > There is absolutely no pressure to update Joomla 4

Mark, there is, unfortunately, a great deal of pressure to update on our side. I am hosting hundreds of Joomla sites. All of them were updated to 3.10.0 when that was released. Immediately following that update, Joomla is continually pushing out emails and notices to update to 4.0. This becomes problematic as the days wear on and people begin to stress about it. When clients are stressed, they begin to question that I may not be providing the most up-to-date service and then we start seeing people looking for hosting elsewhere. And it is hard enough to stay in business today with all of the other pressures from competitors.

Now this is the first time that I am hearing about RT looking for testers for Gantry 5.5. I will sign up for that to help move this along quicker. There is much at stake and I will help.

If your Joomla sites Joomla Update Channel is set to anything other than default, you will continually get those emails pushing you to upgrade to Joomla 4 - switch to Default update channel and you wont get them anymore...
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • Jeaneve
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Just want to say thank you to RocketTheme & forum contributors for continuing development for Joomla 4. I believe It's been difficult & frustrating times for agencies like yours. Thank You!
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT, ercangenc

• nudlaug
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 2 years 4 months ago
    • hi,
      is gantry and the rt-templates now ready for joomla 4?
      or is it still better to stay with joomla 3.10.x?
      kind regards
    • Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by nudlaug.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 2 years 4 months ago
    • emedia
    • Rocketeer

Posted 1 year 1 month ago
    • It's March 12, 2023 today. Long after this post was started. Yet the Joomla "Pre-Update" check still shows no compatibility with the most recent Topaz template on Gantry 5.5.

Is it in fact compatible? Is there any new update info on Rockettheme.com related to Joomla 4?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 1 month ago
    • Yes, Topaz 1.5.0 with Gantry 5.5.15 is compatible with Joomla 4. RemoRemember ought that you must also remove any of the old RT “rok” extensions too. Only use up to PHP8.0.x right now., fixes are shortly to be issued in G5.5.16 to deal with PHP 8.1.x and PHP 8.2.x

https://rockettheme.com/forum/announcements-all/287272-gantry-5-5-x-release-important-notes-before-you-update?start=0#1441743

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Alaskan
    • Rocketeer

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago
    • I tried to update from Joomla 3.x to 4.x tonight on a dev copy website and ran all the pre-checks and thought I had all the incompatible extensions, etc., uninstalled or updated but boy was I wrong. The Ambrosia template wouldn't work without RokCommon library and there were still Rockettheme files with the isSite / isClient issue and that prevents a successful migration to 4.x so you are left with a partial update/migration and broken site frontend and backend and it seems a full restore is needed to get back up and running.

I cannot figure out what I am missing in pre-migrate work to get the site to successfully migrate to 4.x and still use the Rockettheme Ambrosia template. :(
    • Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Alaskan.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds