Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

• Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

Posted 18 years 3 months ago
    • Hello,

LOVE THE QUAILITY of the templates that the JamboWorks team has shared with us all!!

We are intersted in setting up a site just like this template club (to keep content for PAID members only on the inside)... and we're hoping someone can point me to either an exisiting tutorial... or other resouces to help us on our journey to creating our first paid membership site with Joomla?

Thanks!!

Errin

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."
  • Re: Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

• THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU (grin)

Much appreciated!! I'll be sure to come back and share my experiences with this tool!!

Have a GREAT week!

Errin
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
      www.creedworks.com
      GIZMO ID: creedworks ( www.gizmoproject.com )
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

• FYI, I use a heavily modified version of MosLock from Phil. It only did part of what I needed so I modified it. Also I made my own 2checkout handler. Aside from that I use an expiration component I found a long time ago. Again heavily modified, infact come to think of it, I don't even use the expiration one anymore because I made my own component to handle expirations based on com_user.
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Andy Miller wrote:
      FYI, I use a heavily modified version of MosLock from Phil. It only did part of what I needed so I modified it. Also I made my own 2checkout handler. Aside from that I use an expiration component I found a long time ago. Again heavily modified, infact come to think of it, I don't even use the expiration one anymore because I made my own component to handle expirations based on com_user.
      So we'll be seeing these for sale (or free) on JamboWorks soon then will we? ;)
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I'm afraid their too hacked up to be distributed, in fact i'm rather ashamed of the code :)

• And the searchengines hate it - when users can't see content without paying, neither can Google :)

If they cannot see the contet, it's *very* hard to get good rankings........

I guess earning money also has it's price :P

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Mambocharge looks pretty good except it does things a little differently from the way I would want. For example you have to create an account before you can even signup or pay. I find this a little off putting and not very user friendly.

• Yes I see your point. It would make more sense to ask for info, pay, then create the account with the script. Does mosLock only work with PayPal or does it work with other payment gateways without a hack?

Mike
    • Last Edit: 18 years 3 months ago by Mike Brandonisio.
    • www.jikometrix.net
      JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds