Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

• Zoren
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
  • Re: Setting up a (paid) Membership site (just like this template club)??

• JACL is only for access control it does not have a pay module. It allows you to use more than the 4 groups available in the standard install of Joomla. While still maintaining the original groups.

Mike
    • www.jikometrix.net
      JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting

• Kenneth Lund wrote:
      Victor Drover wrote:
      Andy,

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that posting your mos_lock hacks to integrate 2Checkout would be very beneficial.

A release of the subscription expiration module would also rock (I assume the source of this is GPLed, so distribution shouldn't be a problem).

HEAR HEAR!!!!!! I'd gladly pay !

--- ME TOO!

Andy, I hear you on the concern for building it on the mosLock... what if you did a joint-venture with Phil to release something together? (I see he's done that on his site for at least one product.)

Again, you guys are soooo far ahead of us newbies... that learning from you (by seeing your work in action here) helps a LOT!! Yet there is much to be said about paying a fair price for the hard work that someone else has done to develop something.

Sidenote: I've asked elsewhere on this board about this "forum" set up... and you mentioned that you did a template match to your main Joomla template for the forum solution. --- same idea applies here... we'd love to have a service that supported this... either an extension to RocketThemes (having forum templates / integration solutions) OR a sister site (as this is RocketTheme.com... now about HoustonTheme.com -- as in "Houston, we've got a problem!")??

Thanks for your insights and replies!!

Errin
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."

• I would agree. Andy and the team have a lot of talent that many menbers here would pay for additional services
    • 2iles
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 18 years 2 weeks ago
    • Mike Brandonisio wrote:
      JACL is only for access control it does not have a pay module. It allows you to use more than the 4 groups available in the standard install of Joomla. While still maintaining the original groups.

Mike

There's also http://www.escsierre.eduvs.ch/mabillard.gregoire/
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I am planning on making a whole membership package for Joomla 1.5. ideally it would need flexible ACL so Joomla 1.6 might be better.
    • V-man
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Now you're talking. Where can i pre-pay?

oh, BTW, please include 2Checkout if possible. :)

-V

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • ;D YESSSSSSSSSS

I can't WAIT for the membership features we've all been kicking around in 1.5 (or... I'll even survive if we need to wait until 1.6)

Thanks for the help with this... LOVE THE NEW TEMPLATES!!

Errin
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

you can see a test joomla site we've been playing with at www.MicroBizPresents.com
      note: its not too tricky with the set up... but the first full joomla site we've worked on (finally)
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds