Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla 3.0

• Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 10 years 4 months ago
    • Unfortunately RTv3 and Gantry5 have a much higher priority ...
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Henning,

Spartan response...but true...

No worries...I've moved on.

Appreciate the RT team...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
  • Re: Joomla 3.0

• Unfortunately Henning it is that kind of response that just shows me you all at RT are stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. I have to start out by saying I mean you no disrespect personally because you have helped me out more than once, actually more times than I can remember which is the basis of my rant. However, a simple yes or no to the age old question "Will there be a Mission Control for Joomla 3.0" would be nice. But I have a feeling this question is like beating a dead horse and ultimately a "failure to launch".

Mission Control was what turned me on to RT, since it was a free admin template and a great one at that it was a big factor in my decision to get a developer subscription. I think you all at RT are blinded by your own success and growth to remember where your customers come from and what their basic needs and capabilities are. None the less the more I used your products over the past two years the more I realize the the RT team tends to develop tunnel vision to the needs and capabilities of it's customers.

A prime example of this is the glorious RokGallery which certainly had all the bells and whistles. Yet only useful to those not on a shared hosting environment and then RT goes and showcases and integrates it into their templates which render those templates useless to the masses. When I pointed this out I got the response to get better hosting? All I can say to that is the quickest way to start loosing customers and customer loyalty is to ignore their needs and capabilities, shared hosting is what the majority of web developers have to work on or what their clients are willing to pay for. So for you to develop something like RokGallery is like selling a car that runs on water when everyone your selling it to lives in a desert.

I have been following this thread for a long time..... Conclusion your wasting your time everyone, it will never happen as RT has stated more than once they have bigger fish to fry. So move on, I did, I don't even bother with RT anymore and have since then been enjoying better pastures like Shape5 to name one. I find that since I stopped using RT themes, I am spending less time in forums looking for answers to the simplest of tasks because RT continues to make their templates more and more complicated to personalize even for a seasoned web developer. And so these days I actually spend more time doing what I should be doing which is developing websites for my clients instead of troubleshooting them constantly.

Don't get me wrong RT you were always helpful and you do have some unique stuff but in when you start to muddy the waters with too many bells and whistles that nobody can figure out how to configure, your going to be spending most of your time in your own forum helping everyone figure things out instead of developing a quality product that is easy to use and functions without hundreds of hacks and in my my opinion RT themes ended up producing me more headaches than a profit when all said and done.

God I feel like I'm breaking up with a high maintenance girlfriend here!

See ya RT it's been a good from afar but far from a good experience working with you and good luck to all you Rocketeers .... you will need it!
    • Sincerely,
      Brandon Cardone
      Card One Concepts
      "We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do"
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• For me...

I stick around because I like Gantry...only issue I ever had was when I had a question and I was told, "It's intuitive..." Especially on the old RokGallery...lol...at the time it wasn't intuitive...

Gantry is where it's at for me...and Shape 5 just doesn't do it for me...the templates aren't there for me...rocket launcher saves me so much time...

That's my two cents...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
  • Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • I will have to agree. I was a RT customer for years, but I ended up working w/ a client who wanted other options that were easier to implement using other themes and even WordPress. RT wasn't getting on the responsive layout banwagon fast enough and as you can see, now that's expected and RT is now behind.

Sorry RocketTheme! Hope you guys are able to catch up and focus on what's trending instead of taking your own path.

Good luck!
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • I can't really see that the discussion is about the opening post (Mission Control for Joomla 3) so I'm closing this one.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds