Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Introduce yourself to everyone

• Sue
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 11 years 4 months ago
    • I'm from: Born in the UK. Lived 4 years Kenya, 10 years South Africa, 1 year Kuwait and back to the UK 16 years ago living by the New Forest.
      I found RT when: I was told by a friend to look at them.
      For a living I: am a corporate escapee. Worked in banking in IT for too many years but I worked for some good people. Now building up a business making websites.
      The best films I've ever seen are: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Gandhi. 12 Angry Men. It's a Wonderful Life
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Dire Straits. Eric Clapton. Some Coldplay.
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Play the piano really well.
      Something I'm really proud of is: When I worked for JPM I used to walk the dogs, ride my horse, get the kids off to school and still be into work for 8:30. Although maybe I was just mad!
      Hobbies: Photography, Horse riding and web design
      Favourite Food: Steak and Chips sounds good to me too.
    • Just Do It. You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.
  • Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • I'm from: Singapore
      I found RT: Been a developer club member for few years now
      For a living I: build websites! mostly in Joomla of course!
      The best film I've ever seen is: the one where the hero gets the girls!
      I'm currently listening to: Beyonce and BigBang (Kpop)
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: go travel around the world!
      Something I'm really proud of is: starting a singapore web development company in this competitive industry
    • Digital Marketing
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Posted 11 years 1 week ago
    • Hello. I'm Ryan Matthew Pierson, and I'm happy to be here.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
  • Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 11 years 1 day ago
    • I'm from: Sacramento, CA it's bloody scorching during the summer and we have a billion trees here, there weather is good and the girls even better.
      I found RT when: in 2009, when my Web 404 Instructor told me to learn Joomla, so I found the Rocket back then and began to use it for almost everything.
      For a living I: work as a Graphic Designer and Front-end web developer for my own company
      The best film I've ever seen is: the one that I haven't seen yet..those are always the best.
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Hip Hop, but no Rick Ross..
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Skydive. maybe.. (j/k), Travel abroad.
      Something I'm really proud of is: My son, My daughter, but not myself.
      Hobbies: Video Games, Music
      Fav Food: Mexican Food
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • This thread seems to be fallen asleep ... maybe some guys want to reawake it? :)
    • 8degrees
    • Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • I'm from:
      Puerto Rico but i currently live in Dallas, TX

I found RT when:
      Started working on a small web design firm and I got surprised that my past boss had 2 porsche 1 Hummer and 1 Bimmer thanks to Rockettheme

For a living I:
      I do mostly sites based on the gantry framework / template, a lot of club flyers and graphic design, Illustrate once a month

The best film I've ever seen is: Braveheart

On the iPod right now and always will be:
      Some Underground House, Jazz, Motivational Stuff and some triphop.

The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is:
      Going to the beach.

Something I'm really proud of is:
      My Decisions. :mrgreen:
    • Kurt WI

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • New here, just signed up and am starting to use Gantry and Paradigm for my wifes business. I like the support I'm getting as well, nice to have that responsiveness.

I'm rather new to this, so it's a lot of trial and error to get just what I want.

I'm from Wisconsin, all my life so far.

I love to motorcycle, ride 4 wheeler with my wife, astronomy and ham radio are my hobbies.

I am a photographer now, used to work in corporate America in IT. Learning Joomla! and Gantry and RocketThemes right now, and loving it.

I've very proud of my family, my wife and my kids.

Kurt :)
    • Dave75
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • I'm from: Pittsburgh, PA
      I found RT when: Searching for different Joomla templates.
      For a living I: Data Analyst Coordinator for a psychiatric hospital. Freelance web design.
      The best film I've ever seen is: The Usual Suspects
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Sublime
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Travel Europe
      Something I'm really proud of is: creating and managing a console gaming clan for over 11 years now.
    • midgard.li
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • midgard.li

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • I currently reside in Toronto, Ontario and I found RT when looking for professional design solutions to save me time when making sites for clients. Would go spending 100's of hours in design and then found a site where I could pay instead of with my time - saved me lots of CSS drudgery, I can assure you of that!

I'm an undergraduate student studying political science, business and law and for a living I do marketing consulting, brand management, coinciding with creating and designing high-caliber websites. I also help lead a space advocacy non-profit called the Mars Society on the Canadian side.

The best film I've ever seen would have to be Dark Knight - as much as I'd like to pick the more artsy films of my top ten, Nolan's DK is just too good a film not to admit to myself that it's the best.

On the airwaves right now: Oseh Shalom by the Chicago a cappella (don't ask lol)

Something I'd like most to do, right now: get WHMCS installed and jump start the hosting side of my company

Something I'm really proud of: working in multiple businesses and non-profits while going to school
    • PRAYAS

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • HI Ryan , how are you? i'm new in joomla and i have a problem to upload my template... would you like to help me?

Stéphane

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds