• Custom work done

Re: Runtime Error

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Michael Creary wrote:
      Thanks Guys,

I will try this

Regards

Hi Michael

It's been a bit so just checking in to see how you've made out?
  • Re: Runtime Error

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • I noticed the exact same error being repeated on all my sites running Metropolis.

Metropolis 1.8 Joomla 3.4.3 Gantry 4.1.29

If you Google "joomla/document/document.php on line 1018" you will see how widespread the issue is on sites running Gantry.

Try turning off "Adds Suffix to URL" in the Joomla Global Configuration as this allows the error page to display.

Test your site by adding a file extension to the url of a non existant page in your site eg yoursite/elephants.pdf or .xml .rss etc

It would appear that as the classes are not registered, rendering cannot occur.

The error will either show onscreen or as a blank page, but the error is logged to the server error log file.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • graham.wales wrote:
      I noticed the exact same error being repeated on all my sites running Metropolis.

Metropolis 1.8 Joomla 3.4.3 Gantry 4.1.29

If you Google "joomla/document/document.php on line 1018" you will see how widespread the issue is on sites running Gantry.

Try turning off "Adds Suffix to URL" in the Joomla Global Configuration as this allows the error page to display.

Test your site by adding a file extension to the url of a non existant page in your site eg yoursite/elephants.pdf or .xml .rss etc

It would appear that as the classes are not registered, rendering cannot occur.

The error will either show onscreen or as a blank page, but the error is logged to the server error log file.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Fair point so I Enabled 'Adds Suffix to URL' in Global Configuration on my Metropolis local install and with this link www.localhost:8081/Metropolis/index.php/...t-article-count.html again I got a normal 404 page.

Yes you would get a normal error page as the url ends with "test-article-count.html"
      Now try just elephants.pdf
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• graham.wales wrote:
      Fair point so I Enabled 'Adds Suffix to URL' in Global Configuration on my Metropolis local install and with this link www.localhost:8081/Metropolis/index.php/...t-article-count.html again I got a normal 404 page.

Yes you would get a normal error page as the url ends with "test-article-count.html"
      Now try just elephants.pdf

Hmm...with 'Adds Suffix to URL' enabled in Global Configuration I still get a normal 404:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• Well that is definately not what I am seeing, so I did a fresh Joomla 3.4.3 install and then the Metropolis 1.8 bundle - same error ( lack of 404 error page).

Then I did a fresh install from the Rocketlauncher as I noticed that you were most probably using the demo template - same error.

Of course this is not just Metropolis - most if not all templates running Gantry 4 suffer the same error.

Again, search Google for "public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 1018" and you will see how widespread the issue is

It would be interesting to fathom out how you got Metropolis to error correctly.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• graham.wales wrote:
      Well that is definately not what I am seeing, so I did a fresh Joomla 3.4.3 install and then the Metropolis 1.8 bundle - same error ( lack of 404 error page).

Then I did a fresh install from the Rocketlauncher as I noticed that you were most probably using the demo template - same error.

Of course this is not just Metropolis - most if not all templates running Gantry 4 suffer the same error.

Again, search Google for "public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 1018" and you will see how widespread the issue is

It would be interesting to fathom out how you got Metropolis to error correctly.

Except for your issue :( this is turning into a interesting exercise. So I used your link format exactly and got:

You see the front end and more importantly the headers showed the proper error code, i.e. an error page.

So than I did what you suggested and Googled. Yes it's disconcerting that the first 4 sites are all using our templates.
      However the Home pages were fine, just the errant link tacked on to the root URL causes the issue.

So I used everyone of those 4 errant links and tacked them onto my Metropolis and they all worked. Most were RSS feeds that displayed fine on my browser.

I'm going to do some digging and see what I can up with.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds