Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • help. I had this all working fine and now, suddenly the pop-up jus spins and doens't come up. what have I done wrong?

I was missing with CSS stuff, but went back and change everything, cleared cache, rebuilt CSS -- still it just spins. I even started from scratch with your directions and still does this. I msut have somethingn conflicting with it but I haven't loaded anything new since this was working earlier today. Can't for the life of me think why it wouldn't stop working.

I just get the spinning loading button in the popup.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

URL agicsymposium.org
      Joomla 3.5.1
      Galatea theme

EDIT: I just realized the problem is only with the home page which is a different template. I have the same set up for my default template, which is all the other pages, and it works fine. If I figure it out befofe some kind soul comes in here and gives me a clue :), I'll post what the issue was in case others have the same problem.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jami Dennis.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Jami - You are getting a JS error. Most likely this is because you are using a very old version of Galatea template (v1.0.0) - current version is v1.1.2 so backup and update to this version and then clear server and browser cache and try again.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jami Dennis

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• oh thanks! working on backups now so will let you know if that resolves it.
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• As of Joomla 3.5.1, this implementation of putting the login inside a window throws a "Invalid Security Token" error when you login, logout, and login again.

This has to do with the "System - Page Cache" plugin. They only allow you to ignore menu items. And, since this login isn't menu based, it creates the error.

Susequently, you won't be able to log back into the front end of the site until the system cache clears based on the cache time set in the Global Configs, or until a su manually clears the cache.

Any ideas for a fix?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Chas Howell - login details do not work - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• Mr. T, I found the answer. A Joomla dev at GitHub said that I should not be using Global Config caching and the "System - Page Cache" plugin at the same time.

Once I disabled the plugin, all was well.

However, if I turn caching off in the Global Config, and use the plugin, you're method of logging in and out throws the error on the second consecutive attempt to login.

I have updated the Secure tab's info with the proper password, if you want to take a look around.

At this point, though, I'm planning on abandoning the plugin caching, and using the Conservative file-based caching that is available through the Global Config.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I personally never ever use the system page cache plugin - and if you look around at my advice in these forums over the years I have always said that. The system page cache plugin does what it says - it caches the whole page and assumes nothing has changed within it. On dynamic sites (and you will have dynamic content) this is the wrong thing to do. Problems are also exacerbated when a mobile use vists the page on your site (so page is cached) and then a desktop user visits the same page - the cache would be just wrong in these cases. So, yes my adivce would be to use Joomla conversative cache, also gzip and also rokbooster (if you tune it) and never system page cache.

Regards, Mark.
    • Chee

• Hello Mr T

I followed the your instructions for my Ambrosia theme and everything works fine, except for the fact that when I click on the "Home" button when I am on the Home Page the Login form pops up.

Do you know why this would be?

Thanks!

Edit: Forget my question above. Solved it.....My CSS ID closing span bracket wrong way round
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Chee.
    • Chee

• Mr T,

Anoyher question....The Pop Up Login does not appear to have the "Create an Account" link. I thought that this link formed part of the Login Module in Joomla? Is it somehow overridden my the theme template?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Make sure you have allowed permission fpr new users to resigister on your site... User manager > options > "allow new user registration" "YES".

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds